Android go app won't open

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the go app not opening? I'm using the Nvidia Shield and it won't even go to the screen to select aircraft. I haven't had my drone out in a couple months. My app just updated the other day. It was working perfectly the last time I used it. Now I just get a message saying the app has quit working. I have tried uninstalling and when I put it back it does the same thing. Takes a few minutes and eventually I get that message.

Nothing happens when you launch the app? Android is pretty robust and you'd usually at least see an error.

Bring up the screen with all the running apps and close everything down. See if you can launch the app. If not, delete the cache and then the app. Reinstall and see if that works. I'm using the latest Go app on the Nvidia (with all updates) and the app works fine.

I have went through and force closed everything. I uninstalled the go app and put it back. Still every time I open I get the white start up screen with the dji logo for a very long time. Then I get the app stopped working notification.

I also use the Nvidia shield. Once I got litchi I never looked back. Go always ran like crap for me. Just my opinion.

Anyone else having problems with the go app not opening? I'm using the Nvidia Shield and it won't even go to the screen to select aircraft. I haven't had my drone out in a couple months. My app just updated the other day. It was working perfectly the last time I used it. Now I just get a message saying the app has quit working. I have tried uninstalling and when I put it back it does the same thing. Takes a few minutes and eventually I get that message.
I needed to download DJI Go to register my newly acquired Osmo Mobile.

DJI Go was needed because the DJI Go 4 app which runs well with my Mavic doesn't cater for the Osmo.

On downloading the newest DJI Go app from Google Play I found that the app crashed on startup. I went through all the suggested fixes..eg restart. Run it without rotation enabled... etc etc. No joy.

Great.. A DJI product that doesn't even run on my Samsung S7. Other users seemed to run it ok. So on reading through the forums it was suggested that I run an older version of the DJI Go. I download an earlier version and although it didn't crash it said it needed to upgrade to the newest version.

Interestingly it gave me two choices. One was through Google Play (and I knew that one crashes) the other option was to download it from DJI.

The DJI download worked right away. Success!!

I'm wondering if the Play Store version has a bug.

So if you are having crashing issues try the download from DJI. Worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31