Android DJI Pilot app update overdue

What's GPS have to do w/ a mobile data connection?

Maybe not mobile data connection. But, certainly it should have effect when I place the phone on airplane mode. I also turn off location on my phone too. Like I said these steps will decrease the odds of my phone crashing while flying. Uses up ram and processor etc....

Maybe not mobile data connection. But, certainly it should have effect when I place the phone on airplane mode. I also turn off location on my phone too. Like I said these steps will decrease the odds of my phone crashing while flying. Uses up ram and processor etc....
You should be able to enable GPS and disable everything else. You can on Android, anyway.

I wonder if the lagging and freeze/reboot has been addressed.

I believe the lag on iPads is due to heat in over 95F conditions.

The android lag is still there unless you roll back Google Play Services to last update. It's a fix for now until DJI addresses it.

I believe the lag on iPads is due to heat in over 95F conditions.

The android lag is still there unless you roll back Google Play Services to last update. It's a fix for now until DJI addresses it.
I looked through my installed apps. I don't see a Google Play Services. I see plenty of other Google play affiliated apps, but not that one.

It stayed on my tablet, working good...

Lost all of my flight records. Sync says successful, but nothing displays. I'll try again when connected to the bird, not that that should matter :)

Wait, I thought the app refers to the GPS on the TX. So they mean the GPS on the mobile device??

Based on the app prompt to change home to current location it refers to the tx GPS and not the mobile device. This is interesting. Can you guys confirm? So when you see yourself in the map, is that the tx or mobile device? And also, which of the two reports orientation?
Also before 1.2.0, the operator's point (shown on blue circle on map) is based on RC (actually tablet's) GPSr coords.

Another idea... there's some software which can fake coords of mobile device. To set coords as I like as fake current point, and "set home to RC" then we can do instant auto navigate without using SDK...? :)

Lost all of my flight records. Sync says successful, but nothing displays. I'll try again when connected to the bird, not that that should matter :)
Flight records stayed on my Nexus 7, did not connect to bird yet.

lol. I can't believe the timing of this thread. Maybe they are monitoring the forums?!?:):confused:
Oh, I am sure that DJI has full time people monitoring forum traffic and comments.:D:cool:

DJI Pilot Android App 1.2.0 seems right there to download on google play store !

I have auto updates turned on in settings on my Android, so the application updated by itself to 1.2.0.
Initially, I had to go straight to the DJI web-site because it wasn't available through Play Store, but
because it auto updated, I'm assuming that 1.2.0 is active in Google Play. Strangely enough, my
samsung s tablet doesn't auto update and I can't update it to 1.2.0 so it's stuck in 1.1.0. I don't use
the tablet because it's a 10.5 inch that doesn't fit and is too heavy anyways, but it would be nice to
have both on the same update. I use it infrequently to make setting adjustments.

Did anybody notice in 'IMAGE TRANSMISSION SETTINGS' the option to set custom channel settings have now disappeared?? you can no longer choose to decrease the bitrate to extend the range or change the channel (not that I did anyway) I downgraded back to 1.1.0 (android) just in case it's an attempt to limit people's range...

camera range has also gone from 15 degrees max up travel to 30 degrees. It makes no difference though so kinda pointless...

Last edited:
I have both android and iOS versions and the android version is not a patch on the iOS version. The iOS version is miles better and still more features and also runs better than the android version. The difference is like night and day,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers