Android Beta issues with NFZ

Reaction score
According to DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography when you're using the Android Beta: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

When your aerial system approaches, or is already within, an Authorization Zone, you will be prompted with a warning and the opportunity to unlock the Zone.

I take that to mean you can unlock from inside the app, but the warning that comes up just says to go to dji.com/flysafe to use the "offline" unlock. Is there such thing as an in-app unlock?

I ask because the offline unlock doesn't work, at least not for me, even with a valid unlock showing in the app. Is this just broken, or does it work for anyone with current firmware?

SxYiNBF.jpg

V4fKQFr.png

In my area only the airports are restricted so I don't have that answer for you. I expect an update very soon that will correct some of these things and make it simpler. How I read it was once you sign up and verify with you CC you will be able to unlock yellow zones within the app. I could be wrong but pretty sure I read that somewhere before downloading the beta.

How I read it was once you sign up and verify with you CC you will be able to unlock yellow zones within the app.

That's what I thought too, but doesn't seem to be the case. I'd love to be proven wrong if anyone has done it.

1.07?
Phantom 3 Advanced Beta Firmware V01.07.0043
Phantom 3 Professional Beta Firmware V01.07.0043

I have 1.35 installed now on my Standard

but the dji site says the Phantom 3 Professional Beta Firmware V01.07.0043 is for android only? Does this mean only android devices with the 1.7 beta dji go app will work with the phantom? Very little information from DJI on this which is bad. Also can you use third party mapping apps like maps made easy once you have unlocked the area through DJI?

DJI basically told me since I have a Standard, I'm out of luck. DJI needs to get their act together or nobody is ever going to recommend the brand again.

The standard is not released yet so roll back the android one to the one in the play store.

I'm right at PHX Sky Harbor Airport, running the play store version of 2.6.0 and 1.5.03 or whatever it is on the phantom and I don't get any GEO popup at all. In fact those builds don't know anything about GEO fencing at this time. So either I'm lucky or notorious.

Your firmware must be out of date, or you've never had internet access on your device while connected, or you're really lucky!

Firmware is the latest I just flew it last night with no problems and device says firmware is up to date. AFAIK the standard is not supported yet so if the Android beta APK is loaded I would remove it and load what is in the play store as this could be causing the issue. But what do I know.

The play store app not working to unlock NFZ's is what made me seek out the beta, but I have gone back to 2.6 anyways, still no luck.

Cross post from DJI forum. Below is what I was sent regarding the beta for the P3P (and Inspire), but I'm having same issue as edraven (BTW - iOS users can send an email to [email protected] and they will send you iOS Beta app.

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire. MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THE CORRECT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR AIRCRAFT.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Again, that's great if you have a Pro/Advanced, but if you have a Standard, and live inside a NFZ, DJI updated your bird into a nice paperweight.

I have a phantom 3 advanced, and I see the firmware here.. DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography. I'm able to update the quad, but not my controller. I normally use an iPhone/Ipad, and because the update is only available on android, I tried using my girlfriends phone. I can't get the controller to connect to the phone. Now I have to revert to the latest firmware. But, I'm not sure why people are saying the firmware isn't available for the advanced. It is...it just doesn't work.

Update: Wow...girlfriend just told me her usb2 connection of her phone is not working anymore. She's been using a wireless charger. That may be my problem. Hopefully the link I provided above works for you!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4