...and yet another NOOBIE

Reaction score
Tucker, flying the P3P "Racemic Bandit". Well, so far, flying without the props installed ;). Trying to stumble through the somewhat non-intuitive set-up. Printed out the P3P manual last week and read through it twice...

Questions:
1. FW *.bin is downloaded to my desktop. I will need an SD card holder to copy it to the SD card, right?
2. Should I leave the AC with the shipped FW for now? Seems like a few have had problems with new FW.
3. Setup had a "Upgrade Battery" flash, but that disappeared. Ignore it?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

FW *.bin is downloaded to my desktop. I will need an SD card holder to copy it to the SD card, right?
It's easiest to transfer files using a memory card reader (I use this one). But, you can connect a USB cable between your Phantom's gimbal and computer and transfer files that way too. If you need help installing the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Should I leave the AC with the shipped FW for now?
It's your call. I personally like to run the latest firmware after it's known to be stable. And, by that, I mean wait a few days before installing brand new firmware updates. If new issues are found, you'll hear about them on forums like this one.

Setup had a "Upgrade Battery" flash, but that disappeared
It's important to install firmware updates on batteries when required. To do so, place the last BIN you installed on your Phantom's memory card and start it up with each battery installed. You can find detailed battery firmware installation instructions here.

It's easiest to transfer files using a memory card reader (I use this one). But, you can connect a USB cable between your Phantom's gimbal and computer and transfer files that way too. If you need help installing the firmware, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

It's your call. I personally like to run the latest firmware after it's known to be stable. And, by that, I mean wait a few days before installing brand new firmware updates. If new issues are found, you'll hear about them on forums like this one.

It's important to install firmware updates on batteries when required. To do so, place the last BIN you installed on your Phantom's memory card and start it up with each battery installed. You can find detailed battery firmware installation instructions here.

Appreciate the response...
Will fly the simulator for a few days then take her to a school playground in "Beginner Mode".

My son got a cheap "Brand X" for Christmas and I had to help him retrieve it from the branches of a huge pine tree. Can't risk that by being in a hurry! :eek:

Believe it or not, I printed out that post and put it in my P3P notebook a week ago...

Cheers indeed!

Believe it or not your P3P will be easier to fly than your sons cheap brand x. I read the manual and all tips such as those by Oso. By the time my P3P arrived I was ready to register, setup, and give it a go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31