Amphibious P2V experiment

Meta4

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Perhaps they will find MH370 one day - I got my original P2V back this week, 9 months after it was lost at sea.
Thanks to the If found call xxx sticker I bought from Signs of Life (a forum member www.UAVstickers.com), I got a call about my lost P2V.
Despite 9 months under the sea, the sticker was as good as the day I put it on.
The bird looks to be in pretty good shape and once I get all the sand out, give it a rinse and rice treatment, some WD40 and new battery and props, I should have it back in the air again soon. I replaced it and don't need 2 Phantoms so if anyone's interested in a slightly used bird with a like new Tx ....
i-qQt46RT-XL.jpg

i-Sp2x5g5-XL.jpg

i-9c6dZ4x-XL.jpg

i-VzcCQ6L-XL.jpg

i-2wTTTbW-XL.jpg

i-vstnZLD-XL.jpg

She went in 500+ metres offshore but after some rough weather made her way to the beach.
Props lost and the battery and SD card are a bit hard to get out but otherwise OK.

Were you able to recover any footage off the SD card? Would be awesome to see its final moments.

tgreenstone said:
Were you able to recover any footage off the SD card? Would be awesome to see its final moments.
i was just going to ask that, please share the video

Unfortunately the card is playing hard to get out.
I know that the sd cards have a degree of waterproofness but I suspect 9 months might be more than it can take.

i can't see that ever flying again, if it does i doubt it will last very long at all once things start to oxidise no its seen air. handy to have a spare shell though if you can get the screws out?? :shock:

Meta4 said:
I know that the sd cards have a degree of waterproofness but I suspect 9 months might be more than it can take.

WD40 may help leave it to soak for a few hours.

Let's see the insides!!!

May be interested in the rest of the P2 if avail :p

Meta4 said:
I've read before that a camera was lost at sea for 2 years and they still were able to get the pictures off of it. Maybe you can recover some video if you can get the card out and it's not too corroded.

Here's that article. That SD card looks bad lol but still good enough to get the pics.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ng-it.html

I would still be interested in the Shell. :p. Looking for all the non electronic parts haha

Meta4 said:
Perhaps they will find MH370 one day - I got my original P2V back this week, 9 months after it was lost at sea.
Thanks to the If found call xxx sticker I bought from Signs of Life (a forum member http://www.UAVstickers.com), I got a call about my lost P2V.
Despite 9 months under the sea, the sticker was as good as the day I put it on.
The bird looks to be in pretty good shape and once I get all the sand out, give it a rinse and rice treatment, some WD40 and new battery and props, I should have it back in the air again soon. I replaced it and don't need 2 Phantoms so if anyone's interested in a slightly used bird with a like new Tx ....
i-qQt46RT-XL.jpg

i-Sp2x5g5-XL.jpg

i-9c6dZ4x-XL.jpg

i-VzcCQ6L-XL.jpg

i-2wTTTbW-XL.jpg

i-vstnZLD-XL.jpg
Are you kidding us? You should keep it and treat it as a trophy. And as is! Nine months under the sea, it is a conversation piece.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl