Amped Controllers/Antennas

I don't think I've ever seen mine blink, it just stays solid blue when in use.[/QUO

I just received my Sunhams and I flew once with them. I do not recall them blinking and I got no further on distance with my only test with them. I need to hook them up and see if I can see them blink.

I hooked up my 3w Sunhams mini and if they are blinking blue it is very hard to tell, and will never notice them blinking in sunlight. The other thing I noticed is if you move the controller or touch the cables the DJI app immediately shows lost signals (even with the bird being a foot away). If the cables move slightly from being very tight then you lose the signal and seem to have no margin for error.

Teletronics 2400 Outdoor (make sure you get outdoor if you do this, for home use) it's an American Made 1W amp with impressive numbers and like USA car amps, the numbers are real and not bested by anyone. You pay for this, list is $149 but you can get lucky, got mine for $80 shipped and worth every penny. It uses a "DC Injector" which sends the power to the amp, which you put right next to the antenna outside, and pulls in a great signal. It's used mostly for us as a downlink so far, but I tested it for the FC side and it also works perfectly. Downside is its not for mobile, instead for guys like me who have roof mounted Omni's. Stats are 23-24dB TX and I think 16-17 RX side, but these are real specs. They offer .25W and .5W versions too and Also post very good numbers. I use a Sunhans for the FC side and it works beautifully, but I needed something better and stronger to help me at furthest edges, and terrible LOS, this gives me a lot more freedom, for instance I can now go in a few directions now, like 150-250' off the deck over a mile away, at about 8,000' I was only 300' maybe full bars, and Max distance I've reached was 600' lower then my previous, that's an improvement guys.
Good luck, I also bought a black 4W for $19 and haven't tried it yet, seems really solid, it's heavy with some sort of impression on it
0fb3bee734ce49b81d8feb0c5473f2f0.jpg
acee4d30330f1ac4682e3af036227890.jpg
11d255080256ee00266434d6e6e38cb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31