Americans dont have a lock on stupid

Who reported that the drone was 20' above wing? The pilot? Did this "helicopter, or drone" show up on tower radar? They don't say anything about how this London near miss came to light? Who reported what to whom? Could it have been a military drone?

This report by CNN is pretty irresponsible, especially that animation of the incident in London. Why is there no "simulation" disclaimer on the video; there are plenty of gullible viewers who will think they are seeing actual footage of the drone passing a real airliner.

doug86 said:
Who reported that the drone was 20' above wing? The pilot? Did this "helicopter, or drone" show up on tower radar? They don't say anything about how this London near miss came to light? Who reported what to whom? Could it have been a military drone?

This report by CNN is pretty irresponsible, especially that animation of the incident in London. Why is there no "simulation" disclaimer on the video; there are plenty of gullible viewers who will think they are seeing actual footage of the drone passing a real airliner.

+1

doug86 said:

Granted whoever he/she was - yes they're an idiot.

But CNN has misquoted the 190 incidents (that's all in 2014 and includes aircraft and birds and anything pilots report during flights) and the reporter has little to no knowledge as to what she was reporting.

phantomi said:
doug86 said:

+1
+1

So, in a report on an incident that has yet to really be investigated we have jumped to the conclusion that drones will flood our rivers with wreckage of commercial airliners and litter the approach routes with carnage as well. Nicely done, CNN. I still don't see a single incident being prosecuted that shows drones to be a hazard to the airspace. But CNN is apparently on top of the story.

Yikers!

This just in, phantom almost clips 747. Picture to prove it:

My simulation isn't as good as the one on CNN, but if that crap is news worthy so is my image.

Attachments

• phantom plane.png
    phantom plane.png
    248.2 KB · Views: 499
derrickduff said:
This just in, phantom almost clips 747. Picture to prove it:

My simulation isn't as good as the one on CNN, but if that crap is news worthy so is my image.

Great Photoshop skills - do you teach it?

What's up with the title on this thread? We're assuming all Americans are stupid? Interesting conclusion.

You guys are getting this is how they work speaking the truth dose not sale stories . Guy on another post said he asked couple of nurses what they think about "Drones" they said they hatted them now why ? Because the news putts the fear in people everything is based on what if or this could happen . Why do you think we no longer talk about ebola because people where panicking causing a fuss even the government told them (news) they where creating panic. How many times has the news said we are getting hit with a big storm people lose it go and clean the shelfs of every store then get a 1" of snow just using that as a example of the power of the media . That pitcher derrick made is exactly what they do people see this now its true because they seen it on the news and no one questions it .
What I find funny is the news is sinking themselves you know the advantages they could have using a multi . The money lost from big companies going somewhere else to do testing .
I said this before next time your out ask anyone what they think about "Drones" I bet around 90% of the feedback you will get will be bad why because it was planted by the media.
We all need to be signing the Petition that knuckles has put up over in General

With a very personal experience, I can, with confidence, say that the news media in America is a travesty. With little information, and little time to research facts, they rush stories with the most sensationalistic headlines into circulation.

I no longer watch any video news. Most of the reporters are rank amateurs, and care nothing about reporting the facts, and more about the readings. Perhaps that's not fair, as their corporate employers, encourage ratings performance over content. In the rush to get the story out first, severe damage can be done to people, businesses, and in this case an entire industry as well as the people that enjoy the hobby.

Follow my lead, and turn them off. That will send a message that the public demands accurate, factual, impartial news reported with integrity.

If you want hard hitting news in America, you need to tune into Comedy Central. Meanwhile, pilots spotting curious objects out their window is nothing new. What's new is they now call them drones instead of "some kind of I don't know what just went whizzing past my window!"

EMCSQUAR said:
But CNN has misquoted the 190 incidents (that's all in 2014 and includes aircraft and birds and anything pilots report during flights) and the reporter has little to no knowledge as to what she was reporting.
I'll bet if you listen to the CVR, you would hear something like: "What was that? I dunno, we'll just write up a drone sighting."

doug86 said:

20 feet or 200 feet, whats the difference? Flying close to an airport is dangerous, simple as that.
Radar works by responses from the onboard transmitter on the aircraft. The tower would not 'see' a non-communicating object.
For some time now the FAA in the US has requested reports of all UAV sightings no matter how close or far away. If one is seen it is logged and reviewed. Military operations would of made it known if they were operating in that airspace. This was most likely another case of someone with more money than brains. Regulation is coming and I for one support it if it is applied correctly.

20 feet or 200 feet, whats the difference? Flying close to an airport is dangerous, simple as that.
Radar works by responses from the onboard transmitter on the aircraft. The tower would not 'see' a non-communicating object.
For some time now the FAA in the US has requested reports of all UAV sightings no matter how close or far away. If one is seen it is logged and reviewed. Military operations would of made it known if they were operating in that airspace. This was most likely another case of someone with more money than brains. Regulation is coming and I for one support it if it is applied correctly.

What regulation ever prevents those with more money than brains from doing what they always do? Criminalizing the majority of responsible operators will not prevent stupidity from the few irresponsible operators.

When automobiles came out they were unregulated. Eventually enough people had them they had to make laws & regulations to govern the use and to prevent some people like children from operating them. We will soon see some sort of regulation and then hopefully the reckless and foolish people will be kept to a minimum. It is obvious we as hobbyist cannot govern ourselves. While the majority of pilots are responsible it only takes a few news stories about the careless to ruin it for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers