Amazon Sends Warning to FAA

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
It's a shame to many old school people still hold high positions bet they still carry a pager .
We are are own worst enemy .

Go Amazon! Let's get a few of the heavy hitters putting some pressure on the administration and see what happens.

This is good news. With Amazon as strong (and growing stronger) and wanting to use these, it benefits us all.

We need more positive publicity. We also need a UAV association and/or lobby. Without one the only thing the dopes in DC will ever hear are the uncommon and stupid uses of these and base regulation on that tiny percentage. We need a voice!

This is well timed. With the economy building momentum, no one wants to be called out for stifling further growth. I bet this triggers some calls from the White House to Huerta.

Here's a quick civics lesson: Laws are made by Congress. The FAA operates under rules developed under laws passed by Congress. For example, the reason that a 333 exemption requires a pilot certification is because Congress failed to include authorization in the Act of 2012 allowing the FAA to exempt that requirement. The FAA is not autonomous. The White House is the Executive Branch. The White House enforces what Congress passes.

And don't be too sure about the economy just yet.

Holy thread revival. Thanks for the lesson. Pretty much what I already knew. Too bad our congress is about as effective as a group of kindergartners at working together.

As for the economy, Amazon would argue that times are good! They just surpassed Walmart in valuation.

Yay something else to argue about ! The economy :)
engage.gif
;)

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
go get'em Amazon.

The FAA needs to crap or get off the pot... ;)

Holy thread revival. Thanks for the lesson. Pretty much what I already knew. Too bad our congress is about as effective as a group of kindergartners at working together.

How true, so true. Boehner put off taking up the renewal of the FAA Re-authorization (2012) to the last minute in September, which doesn't help with the NPRM.

Here are some additional thoughts on that issue: https://southernhelicam.com/reform-§44711/

Here's a quick civics lesson: Laws are made by Congress. The FAA operates under rules developed under laws passed by Congress. For example, the reason that a 333 exemption requires a pilot certification is because Congress failed to include authorization in the Act of 2012 allowing the FAA to exempt that requirement. The FAA is not autonomous. The White House is the Executive Branch. The White House enforces what Congress passes.

And don't be too sure about the economy just yet.

This may be true but each agency is left to promulgate the rules by which they will enforce what they perceive to be a mandate by Congress or for purely political motives. They have considerable leeway in how they enact so called "laws" from congress so please do not try to make excuses for the morons at the FAA! They have absolutely no jurisdiction or authority to control recreational use of UAV's PERIOD. I am totally amazed how many people assume that whatever FAA (or any other government agency) dictates is the unquestionable law of the land. That is not the way our system of government was designed. Unfortunately I think we can all agree that the federal government has gotten totally out of proportion to anything our founding fathers had envisioned for this nation.

As I recall my civics lessons the Constitution clearly states that anything not expressly spelled out in legislation has no basis in law. Your remark that states "Congress failed to include authorization in the Act of 2012 allowing the FAA to exempt that requirement" is an incorrect assumption. The FAA could have made the exemption since they are empowered to formulate the rules on how to implement the Act of 2012. Since Congress gave no specific instructions on this issue FAA would have had the authority to add the exemption to the rules. Our history is replete with examples of Federal agencies bending the laws passed by Congress since they are left with the power to right the rules. Unfortunately our representatives have gotten extremely lazy and do not even bother to read the laws that their committees bring to the floor for votes so agency bureaucrats have a field day writing rules that benefit any number of political objectives of the Executive branch...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic