Amazon or DJI website, Where the best to buy P2V+ ?

Reaction score
Hi

Based from experience which site is best to buy Phantom 2 Vision Plus ?

AMAZON LLC DIRECT ?
or
DJI.COM WEBSITE (with 1300 reward points) ?
or
AMAZON 3rd Party SELLER ?

please post what you think

thanks

This is a slightly modified cut-n-paste of a post I made on on another forum ......

Ask the other shops this .... if needed, during the first 30 days after receiveing your new P2V+ .... will they 'specifically' provide you a new P2V+, and overnight it to you, then refund you the return shipping for the original one you send back to them, allow you 30 days to send back the original .... 'and' .... then restart the 30 days on the replacement ... all at no additional cost to you (other than initially paying the return shipping which they are to refund you).

That's 'exactly' what Amazon did for me ... on the replacement of my P2V for an inaccurate altimeter.

They requested the return shipping be insured, and at first they only refunded me standard shipping.
I emailed them telling they omitted the cost for the insured part of the return shipping, and they immediately refunded the additional amount.

So absolutely 'no' out of pocket, an overnight replacement, 30 days to send the original back, and a restart on my 30 days for the replacement .... no questions asked other than filling out the on-line form, selecting that it was defective, and a brief description of the issue.

It was all automated via Amazon's web site.

Amazon is great because you can choose 2 day free shipping or 1 day shipping for only $3.99 for prime members :) Plus if there's something wrong with it you can just send it back and get a new one. Other supplies definitely won't let you do this.

I would have said #1 choice would have been B&H and #2 Amazon. But I was impatient and went with DDM because they were in stock and could do 1 day shipping. I'm enjoying the hell out of my P2V+ :)

I am actually trying to cancel my order with B&H so I can order through Dave's. I hope Dave's still has a 30 day return policy.

Scottrod said:
I am actually trying to cancel my order with B&H so I can order through Dave's. I hope Dave's still has a 30 day return policy.
They do but only if it's unopened and unused. I think......

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I pre-ordered from Amazon LLC on April 12. They said it would be released today, April 21. But when I check the status they have no update. I also chatted with them about the status - and they didn't know when it would come in. Kinda strange for Amazon! I'm considering canceling from them and going with another seller. I'd like to have it by this weekend and don't want to wait forever. You guys have any advice? Is Amazon LLC worth waiting for?

proximo said:
I pre-ordered from Amazon LLC on April 12. They said it would be released today, April 21. But when I check the status they have no update. I also chatted with them about the status - and they didn't know when it would come in. Kinda strange for Amazon! I'm considering canceling from them and going with another seller. I'd like to have it by this weekend and don't want to wait forever. You guys have any advice? Is Amazon LLC worth waiting for?

I ordered on the 15th from amazon LLC I contacted support several times about the item shipping because all other retailers including the DJI website started shipping on the 14th.

This Friday I got an email from amazon support saying that the P2V+ is back ordered and that amazon would email me when it becomes available and ships. They said it would ship the same day that stock of the P2V+ arrived and if I like I could cancel my order at any time.

I went ahead and canceled my order with Amazon LLC and now i'm waiting for my P2V+ to ship from a 3rd party seller today. I also need it by this weekend and called the 3rd party seller to make sure they had it in stock still and that it would ship out right away.

I just cancelled my Amazon LLC order and went with Dave's Motors based on other forum member's recommendations. Hopefully everything will go well and I won't regret it!

Originally had planned or ordering PV2+ from B+H as that's where I got my PV2 and was very happy with the process and after-sale support. When I saw that B+H was on the injunction list I had second thoughts and went with Amazon (Prime member). Placed the order on April 15 and the status remained as "Pre-Order" until yesterday when I cancelled it. Amazon is also not a recognized dealer according to DJI's website.

Heard about DDM from another posting on this board and went with them - placed the order yesterday (Sunday) morning after cancelling the Amazon order. The discount code from DDM covered the FedEx overnight charges and just moments ago I received tracking information. Due in tomorrow - and of course the weather projects rain in our area.

I ordered mine direct via DJI.com website. Received it a week ago. Had major stabilization problems with it. Twice it had rapid oscillation and fell hard to the ground. Spent two hours waiting to get a support representative to hear my complaint. He then recommended an exchange which he couldn't handle and told me to send an email to online [email protected]. I sent the email to them requesting an exchange. I'm just praying I get a timely response back. I'm not very hopeful on a timely exchange process. Time will tell.

Has anyone looked at the accidental damage insurance that amazon is offering on these? I am interested to see if they would really cover this....They should since they are offering it as an add on for 79.99 for 4 years coverage...

I believe that someone on another thread found that it did not cover the Phantom and there were some questions as to whether or not it really covered the Phantom.

Well, I ordered from DDM although it now says pre order. D'oh. I'm hoping they get new stock in from DJI quickly. Now I have to wait for B&H to re-open just to get my refund from them! :-(

Scottrod said:
Well, I ordered from DDM although it now says pre order. D'oh. I'm hoping they get new stock in from DJI quickly. Now I have to wait for B&H to re-open just to get my refund from them! :-(
When did you order from DDM?

Ouch. I'm pretty sure that read "in stock" when I ordered my phantom non-vision at around 4:30pm Eastern Time. A few folks here were ordering theirs (check the "Pre-Orders" thread), so it's possible they might've sold out of their existing stock today :( Might want to give them a shout tomorrow and ask when they're expecting new stock in. They were really awesome helping me today, great customer service--they'll probably be able to update you on where things stand.

canadavenyc said:
Ouch. I'm pretty sure that read "in stock" when I ordered my phantom non-vision at around 4:30pm Eastern Time. A few folks here were ordering theirs (check the "Pre-Orders" thread), so it's possible they might've sold out of their existing stock today :( Might want to give them a shout tomorrow and ask when they're expecting new stock in. They were really awesome helping me today, great customer service--they'll probably be able to update you on where things stand.

yes they were in stock early this am at DDM. I placed my order on Easter Sunday, and the order was processed early this am Monday. They already shipped my P2V+ this am and sent me the Fedex tracking #, so it looks like they are out of stock at the moment but hopefully more will come in...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen