Amazon January 2017 release?!

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? This is the first I've seen and sold by DJI not some third party company.

19cf8b03a28576fb8d7a49683b086296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

They are actually being sold and shipped by Amazon.

The only US vendors I know of that are currently selling the P4P with an end-of-November-ish ship date are DJI Direct and Newegg. All others either say 'coming soon' or "preorder' with no date, or some (such as Amazon) are just putting up a 'way out there' date to be safe. Many vendors were burned badly by the Mavic debacle and they don't want a repeat, so are probably being very conservative with estimates.

The DJI Store is currently showing the P4P is ready to ship in 1-3 business days after payment is confirmed, so that's going to be the quickest way to get one at the moment.

The DJI Store is currently showing the P4P is ready to ship in 1-3 business days after payment is confirmed, so that's going to be the quickest way to get one at the moment.
Assuming, of course, that DJI actually ships when promised. They have a lot of credibility to earn back, hopefully they will.

It's a little disturbing that the manual isn't even online yet. Does the DJI Go app list the P4P yet?

Reactions: Jason Porembski
They generally ship on time. I doubt they would be quoting estimates that low if they knew they couldn't ship for weeks.
Ask anyone who pre-ordered a ordered a Mavic whether they think DJI generally ships on time, or if their quoted estimates are accurate. As I said, DJI has a lot of credibility to earn back. I will believe in P4P shipments this week or early next week when I see them.

It depends on when and where the Mavic was ordered. I received mine a month ago.

If you've been buying DJI products for a while like I have, then you surely know that is not the norm.

It depends on when and where the Mavic was ordered. I received mine a month ago.

If you've been buying DJI products for a while like I have, then you surely know that is not the norm.
DJI has barely gotten past the Sept. pre-orders even at this point. Some people lucked out but there's no way to put lipstick on what happened, it was simply inexcusable.

So, you're saying this is how DJI has always released products in the past and we should expect this for all future releases? Or, are you just a bit salty about the Mavic release? I'm just trying to follow along here...

No need to put any words in my mouth, I'm simply saying that the Mavic release was a disaster and that DJI has a lot of credibility to earn back as a result, no more and no less. DJI may well perform better this go-around and I hope that they do, but after what happened it's reasonable to be a bit skeptical. I'm sure they don't want another black eye like the one they just got so I'm sure they will spare no effort to avoid it, but... let's see some tracking numbers... ;)

No need to put any words in my mouth, I'm simply saying that the Mavic release was a disaster and that DJI has a lot of credibility to earn back as a result, no more and no less. DJI may well perform better this go-around and I hope that they do, but after what happened it's reasonable to be a bit skeptical. I'm sure they don't want another black eye like the one they just got so I'm sure they will spare no effort to avoid it, but... let's see some tracking numbers... ;)

I doubt DJI will do worse with the P4P and I2 than they have thus far done with the Mavic, but time will tell. I do not believe they will meet anything like the timeline we were lead to believe. If Amazon is going with the January 15th date, nearly 2 months down the road and more than a month and a half after they claimed to be shipping then I'd say they're no better at all.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic