Amazon Fire HD 10

Reaction score
This tablet looks like it could be great monitor for the Phantoms. Big screen, decent battery life, and an SD card port, not to mention the quad core processor.

I did some measuring, and it will fit in the stock holder that comes on the P3 controllers, and offers up a 10.1 inch screen vs the slightly smaller screen on the iPad air.

I am wondering if anyone is ordering one? I'd like to know if it works well.

I don't think Go will run on that Android-like device, the Amazon Fire is not the same as other Android devices for compatibility. You have to get apps from Amazon, not the play store. I'd stick with tested and approved devices by DJI. However if you try it, lets us know. You can always ship it back to Amazon.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on an Asus 8" zenpad to be delivered today. Quad core, 2 gigs ram, very high resolution screen, has sd card slot. I let you know how it does. Has 32 gigs onboard ram and can take a 64 gig SD. Built in GPS and wifi.

Reactions: B- Scene Films
I'm waiting on an Asus 8" zenpad to be delivered today. Quad core, 2 gigs ram, very high resolution screen, has sd card slot. I let you know how it does. Has 32 gigs onboard ram and can take a 64 gig SD. Built in GPS and wifi.
Very interested!

I am also interested to see how well this tablet (Asus) performs. I normally use an Air 2, but I have been thinking about trying a Shield for a change and for Litchi. I can't seem to find a new Shield for sale anywhere due to the recent recall, so I may need to go with something else.

Last edited:
This tablet looks like it could be great monitor for the Phantoms. Big screen, decent battery life, and an SD card port, not to mention the quad core processor.

I did some measuring, and it will fit in the stock holder that comes on the P3 controllers, and offers up a 10.1 inch screen vs the slightly smaller screen on the iPad air.

I am wondering if anyone is ordering one? I'd like to know if it works well.
You will be disappointed. The SoC is pretty mediocre and the GPU is 8th on the list of best performers (the top 7 are readily available in any other non-budget tablet on the market). ie, you will suffer video feed lag/stutter once you start flying. There is also no GPS or compass in that tablet. While the former is not too big a deal unless you want follow-me types of functionality, the latter will potentially make orientation of the bird more difficult (since the app won't know which direction you're facing in relation to the bird). Generally speaking, you get what you pay for with tablets (with the exception of the Nexus 7 II, but they're increasingly more difficult to find), and since the live feed is so crucial to flying enjoyment, I personally wouldn't (and didn't) take the chance.

I used the 7 in HDX as well and it worked very well - the only exception is that you do not get the maps to load as Kindles don't have google services and and google maps installed. You can side load them but its a process...

Switched to an Insignia Elite 7.85.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31