Amazing view from above

Reaction score
Spectacular view from above local to me. I have made this video non public for saftey reasons. Although I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong. I was at a very safe distance and altitude. Even so I think some things should be exercised with some caution. So please be mindful about sharing the link etc.

Anyway enjoy. It's only a short video. Actually created on my iPhone.

Darren

Very good, too windy up North today for flying. You did nothing wrong that I could see, unless the refinery has some kind of exclusion zone around it, but I understand your caution.
I use Home to check the area, I am sure you know about this anyway, but may be of use to some.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Very good, too windy up North today for flying. You did nothing wrong that I could see, unless the refinery has some kind of exclusion zone around it, but I understand your caution.
I use Home to check the area, I am sure you know about this anyway, but may be of use to some.

Yeah I was definitely safe etc. I think just air in the side of caution with refineries. Shame really.

Yeah I bet it is windy up north. Where are you? It's been wet down south all week and doesn't look like it's letting off which is so frustrating. I just wanna get out and fly lol.

Darren

Yeah I was definitely safe etc. I think just air in the side of caution with refineries. Shame really.

Yeah I bet it is windy up north. Where are you? It's been wet down south all week and doesn't look like it's letting off which is so frustrating. I just wanna get out and fly lol.

Darren
I live on the Lancashire/ Cumbria border, we have some fantastic flying locations, but often windy.

I live on the Lancashire/ Cumbria border, we have some fantastic flying locations, but often windy.

Yeah I bet there is some great places to fly Cumbria way. Would love to get up there one day.

Yeah I bet there is some great places to fly Cumbria way. Would love to get up there one day.

That video is public. When you upload video to YouTube you have three choices public, unlisted or private. Now if you had posted it as unlisted and posted just the video URL anyone on this thread could view it but not the general public as it wouldn't be list for viewing. So if someone sees it, like a neighbor who doesn't like you, you might have a problem.

Last edited:
I can almost feel your desire to fly forward over it! I'd have been talking to myself, saying, "No! Don't you do it! Get your thumb off that stick!"

That video is public. When you upload video to YouTube you have three choices public, unlisted or private. Now if you had posted it as unlisted and posted just the video URL anyone on this thread could view it but not the general public as it wouldn't be list for viewing. So if someone sees it, like a neighbor who doesn't like you, you might have a problem.

EDIT.. i decided to make it public, because you know what i have done nothing wrong ( convincing myself ) and you can see the whole refinery on google maps .

But i appreciate you telling me :)

I can almost feel your desire to fly forward over it! I'd have been talking to myself, saying, "No! Don't you do it! Get your thumb off that stick!"

You have no ide brother lol :) :)

Reactions: Pharm
EDIT.. i decided to make it public, because you know what i have done nothing wrong ( convincing myself ) and you can see the whole refinery on google maps .

But i appreciate you telling me :)

It's the same way here in the states where you can see the refinery on Google Earth but take a UAV with a camera or even a DLSR and there are signs posted no photos or video. Yes Marathon refinery even call the police on me a few years back while i was filming a salt mine, their neighbor, from a bridge. Of course i told the officers what i was filming and they left but needless to say i had already film the refinery there and from other locations.

Last edited:
The world has gone mad , yes there are some crazy people out there who do crazy things, but for the most of us enthusiasts were all good just minding our own business, Just watched a video of Casey Neistat flying his mavic right next to the statue of liberty which was bloody amazing but im sure if you wanted to be pedantic then hes being a very naughty boy lol, but hes also brilliant :)

Last edited:

Casey Neistat is a jerk and flying around the statue of liberty is a NFZ.

LOL i think hes brilliant, love his style of film making

Well he'll kept it up and FAA will get him for being reckless.

Well he'll kept it up and FAA will get him for being reckless.

More likely he will get away with it because he is him :)

Thats another fault of todays society one rule for one and a different rule for the rest of us ( peasants)

Reactions: Badgenes
More likely he will get away with it because he is him :)

Thats another fault of todays society one rule for one and a different rule for the rest of us ( peasants)

Casey has to follow the same rules we have to here in the states whether or not he does is different story.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik