Amateur drone operators soon could face high-tech barriers

LoL Phew!! Here I was thinking this Guy Sounds as though he is Chomping at the bit to Kill some Random and shoot down some kids RC Aircraft!!

Could just be me, But Why on Earth would you speak of Having the Authority to Murder an Unauthorised Person at your work place on a Drone Forum Only to start saying I can not and Will not speak more about it!!??

Like your President <x> says, If you don't have anything to hide then why should it be problem for people to see what you're doing!
Another political smart a?? This is a drone forum not a political forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another political smart a?? This is a drone forum not a political forum.

Ironic that you would make this point to me about this medium being a " DRONE FORUM " and Not the Member who specifically speaks of Having the Expressed Authority to Kill People who are not Authorised to attend his Workplace at the Nuclear power facility. How on Earth is that Disgraceful Information pertinent to a Drone Forum!?

How Bizarre indeed.

Back on track, The Point stands though. If there is Nothing to Hide then it should not be an issue for a Camera to record what is happening. Even from a distance. Companies like Apple and Nuclear Energy plants have Far too much Autonomy when it comes to their workings and a Camera would Show the Public things these companies do not want the masses to ever see. A Military Barracks I understand the privacy concerns, but even then, Why the secrecy. I'm not even an American and I Loved the Speech from one of your Great Presidents JFK, specifically speaking about Secrecy and the very word itself being Repugnant in a Free and Open Society.
Again, if there if they're not doing anything Wrong then they should not be spending so much money in an attempt to prevent any of their working getting out in to the public eye. Apple is one of the Richest Companies if Not the Wealthiest in the World at present so using an excuse as feeble as industrial espionage is ludicrous!
What.....are they going to go down a few Million dollars off their 50 Billion Profit if someone takes a picture!? Give me a break.

I agree his post was also way off topic. I was told the golden rule is don't discuss politics or religion. Sorry I just don't like either 1 coming into a non related discussion not that I have a preference.

Hey let's get this back on topic and away from ANY personal attacks!!
scaled.php

I agree his post was also way off topic. I was told the golden rule is don't discuss politics or religion. Sorry I just don't like either 1 coming into a non related discussion not that I have a preference.

I know Friend.............I had No intent what so ever to create the platform for a Political discussion or point of View.
That being said, The subject matter of this thread could quite easily be analysed citing Many Laws and processes all pertinant to political action.

I Do However stand firm on the Fact that What is good for the goose is also Good for the Gander in that if we Mere worker Bees have to Divulge all kinds of information in many aspects of our lives or we are accused of hiding something or doing Wrong, then Big companies can suffer the same indignity!

If a RC Aircraft pilot does the wrong thing and voilates the rules set out by the FAA or in my country CASA, then the Pilot should be dealt with according by the appropriate Governing Authority. This behavior to me by the Big mobs is just as Lawless as a Pilot breaking the rules but they have more money and pull in the game so they can get away with destroying peoples property or Murdering them as 007 Licence to Kill pointed out, without so much as a slap on the hand!
Crazy times.

Was my post really off topic? I was talking about the need for measures, currently being worked on, that would keep drones out of certain areas. The OP, Fall guy asked for our thoughts on the subject and I gave mine.

If my post was in any way political, it was just the mention of the federal agencies that govern the security measures at a nuclear power plant. Those measures are considered "safeguards" (SGI), meaning it is against the law to discuss them with anyone not authorized and without a need to know. That is why I cannot discuss it. (BTW, everything I have posted is public info and readily available on the internet if you're interested.)

Lastly, I was not talking about industrial espionage, but something more serious. Security at a nuclear power plant, if compromised, could jeopardize the lives of hundreds (if not thousands) of innocent people. Thirteen of France's sixteen nuclear power plants have already been buzzed by uav's and as far as I know, they have no idea who was responsible. All of those instances may have been coincidental and mean nothing, but on the other hand, if security measures were being surveilled and/or recorded for later study...

I do take my job seriously and maybe that did get in the way of my posting objectively on the subject the OP brought up, but I did mention that I believe that such technology should be tightly controlled. Homeowners and others who just object to drones being flown over their property should not allowed to use it. How that is enforced, I have no idea.

How is that possible with lightbridge? Wouldn't the hijack controller have to be bonded to the drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20