AMA members renewing? Or just joining the FAA

Reaction score
I'm curious how many ppl are staying with the Ana and who's leaving
I left with the raise of dues and the lack of "drone" support from them

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The FAA ruling has not changed the benefits of being an AMA member. The way it looks now, you will be allowed to use your AMA number instead of your fed ID number on your aircraft, you will have clearance for 400+' flights, the benefit of additional insurance and the usual things they do like air shows, etc. And don't forget, they are still negotiating with the FAA over the registration debacle. The AMA is still a worth while association to be a member of.

The FAA ruling has not changed the benefits of being an AMA member. The way it looks now, you will be allowed to use your AMA number instead of your fed ID number on your aircraft, you will have clearance for 400+' flights, the benefit of additional insurance and the usual things they do like air shows, etc. And don't forget, they are still negotiating with the FAA over the registration debacle. The AMA is still a worth while association to be a member of.

Ditto! It's the best $75 you'll spend this year. The best part is hopefully you'll never need their insurance but if you do it might come in handy.

I registered with the AMA a few days ago for the first time. With all the negativity surrounding drones, it couldn't hurt to have additional insurance. It gives me a year to become an experienced pilot and educate myself on what the AMA really does to benefit me.

I haven't done the FAA registration. I was kind of waiting to see what would shake out before the "free" deadline expired. I didn't expect anything to come of it, but since I can't really fly because of winter, it didn't hurt to wait.

i was flying my free flight model and caught my thumb with the prop spinning 32000 rpm.
off to the er we go.
after i got home i contacted AMA about the ER bill.
they told me to put it through on my regular health ins and what ever my health ins didn't pay AMA would pay it.
what good is that?

i was flying my free flight model and caught my thumb with the prop spinning 32000 rpm.
off to the er we go.
they told me to put it through on my regular health ins and what ever my health ins didn't pay AMA would pay it.
what good is that?

This is not news.

Did you read your AMA policy?

I had already re-upped for 3 years at the old, lower dues. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: BigAl07
[emoji41] [emoji123] [emoji102] [emoji369] [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

off to the er we go.
what good is that?
It is supplemental, not primary.

In my case with the crappy plans available for a kings ransom, I assume they would cover quite a bit for me. :)

Reactions: BigAl07
That's not unusual most insurance companies do the same thing when it comes to having more then one carrier. For someone who claims to be a AMA Member 182 Contest Director not to have read his policy what else hasn't he done.

That's not unusual most insurance companies do the same thing when it comes to having more then one carrier. For someone who claims to be a AMA Member 182 Contest Director not to have read his policy what else hasn't he done.
colected on the insurance policy.

AMA insurance only covers you if you had your accident at an approved AMA field. Thier insurance is worthless for drone use outside the AMA approved field. Sorry AMA.. not getting my money...

An old gripe, they seriously need to learn to bill on an anniversary basis, not an annual Jan-Dec basis. Don't know about you guys but I am tapped in January.

Reactions: Fourprops
the field that i hurt my thumb at was our ama model airplane flying field.

AMA insurance only covers you if you had your accident at an approved AMA field. Thier insurance is worthless for drone use outside the AMA approved field. Sorry AMA.. not getting my money...

An old gripe, they seriously need to learn to bill on an anniversary basis, not an annual Jan-Dec basis. Don't know about you guys but I am tapped in January.
That's no longer true. Spend some time doing the research and you'll find the correct answer waiting for you.

If you can't find $75 to add some insurance ..... to each their own.

This nonsense comes up time and again. You DO NOT have to be at an approved AMA airfield to be covered by the liability insurance. You only need to be flying by their fairly strict set of rules.

This nonsense comes up time and again. You DO NOT have to be at an approved AMA airfield to be covered by the liability insurance. You only need to be flying by their fairly strict set of rules.
I wonder if that applys to the Park Pilot Program? They may have to be in an AMA approved field. Not sure on that one.

I wonder if that applys to the Park Pilot Program? They may have to be in an AMA approved field. Not sure on that one.
I have no idea on that. But what I have from them, I'm covered wherever I am. Of course, as some have pointed out, there are probably enough holes in it that they will never pay anything on it lol!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4