AMA & AUVSI lead others asking FAA to expedite UAS rules

Reaction score
OI Photography said:
SilentAV8R said:
http://www.suasnews.com/2014/04/28497/spanish-air-safety-agency-aesa-has-suspended-all-uav-operations-in-spanish-airspace/

:shock: Now that's some big news

Apparently what we often speak about as a fear here has happened in Spain ...a handful of thoughtless operators have annoyed enough of the citizenry that the government has shut everything down until they can come up with "rules" for allowable operation. Pretty scary ...

SilentAV8R said:
The interesting thing is that Spain shut down EVERYBODY, not just commercial operators, unless you are flying at a recognized RC model flying site.

Either to make a very emphatic point OR they don't want to bother with debating with a pilot if a UAS they see is recreational or commercial (enforcing no fly, no exceptions is far easier) ... maybe both.

Visioneer said:
SilentAV8R said:
The interesting thing is that Spain shut down EVERYBODY, not just commercial operators, unless you are flying at a recognized RC model flying site.

Either to make a very emphatic point OR they don't want to bother with debating with a pilot if a UAS they see is recreational or commercial (enforcing no fly, no exceptions is far easier) ... maybe both.

Path of least resistance right now I think. Easier to shut everyone down rather than try to sort out who is doing what.

I suspect that the FAA is watching YouTube and other Internet sources closely. I'm willing to bet that once the rules are in place they will be ready to send friendly "reminder" letters out to people they have identified as commercial operators. And of course, you can count on your fellow operators to rat out those who are operating illegally. Fun times coming for sure :evil:

OI Photography said:
SilentAV8R said:
http://www.suasnews.com/2014/04/28497/spanish-air-safety-agency-aesa-has-suspended-all-uav-operations-in-spanish-airspace/

HUGE NEWS! I was planning on taking my p2 to spain in a cpl of months. So, Nobody at all allowed to fly a uav anywhere in the whole of spain except a few (and it will be few) designated flying fields! This has me very concerned indeed. Who's next ? France? UK? As always caused by some asshat doing what they shouldn't.

MrC said:
OI Photography said:
SilentAV8R said:

HUGE NEWS! I was planning on taking my p2 to spain in a cpl of months. So, Nobody at all allowed to fly a uav anywhere in the whole of spain except a few (and it will be few) designated flying fields! This has me very concerned indeed. Who's next ? France? UK? As always caused by some asshat doing what they shouldn't.
Not only the negligent operators but the government as well! As usual using a 6x6 to swat a fly. When it's the "wild west" stupid people abound and operate with abandon. Even when there's rules and regulations there'll always be the shady and crooked operators not to mention the just plain stupid but at least if there's something in place setting out what's acceptable/not acceptable there are ways to deal with those who should not be in control of a potential flying buzz saw aka R/C 'copter.
Sad we will all suffer some under restrictions but at least we'll be able to fly.

MrC said:
Although looking at this different article - http://www.thespainreport.com/4617/spai ... l-purpose/ it looks like just for commercial use?

Strikes me that if you plan on flying in Spain you need some direction from some official source rather than from a "news" source. They have been known (on rare occasion, of course :roll: ) to get things a bit confused.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic