AMA answers your sUAS registration questions - New Email Jan.5 2016

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
AMA answers your sUAS registration questions

There has been a lot of miscommunication centered around the FAA Registration Process. AMA has compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help its members better understand the process and AMA's recommendations. AMA suggests that its members delay registration to provide ample time for the Executive Council to fully consider all legal and political remedies to address this issue. Please wait to register until advised by the AMA, or until February 19, the FAA's legal deadline to register. You can help the AMA by making your voice heard with the FAA. We are asking all AMA members to submit comments on the FAA's interim rule on registration. The deadline to submit comments is January 15, 2016.

Yes, and for all the fixed wing RC and helicopter RC pilots, please read thoroughly. Frequently Asked Questions about the Drone Registration Process | AMA Government Relations Blog

The AMA is absolutely confirming that the UAS registration applies to those aircraft and not just quadcopters/drones.

Q: Do only drones and multirotor pilots need to register?
A: The Interim Final Rule regarding sUAS registration requires all unmanned aircraft that are part of an unmanned aircraft system be registered. Being part of an unmanned aircraft system means aircraft that are flown using a ground-control system, such as a transmitter, in essence radio control model aircraft. This includes pilots who fly fixed-wing RC aircraft and helicopters, not just multirotors or drones. Any pilot flying models weighing between .55 pounds (or 250 grams) and 55 pounds is required to register.
Please do not hijack the thread, I don't want this to become another runaway fight fest. This topic has nothing to do with who has to register. Active AMA members are fully aware of who needs to register. Lets keep this on topic. ;)

Okay. I was not my intention to hijack. That link came from the same exact AMA email paragraph as your thread title. That's why I posted it here since you all always say to search before creating a new topic.

LuvMyTJ thanks for this thread. I've meant to do this but kept putting it off. Now I can say "Nailed It",

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj