Am I wrong to keep holding on to 1.08?

Reaction score
When ver. 2.0 came out so many we're having problems, especially with connecting video etc. I have held off since. Many versions and upgrades have emerged with all kinds of new features. So now I'm wondering, is it time to finally upgrade?

Geo

I was exactly the same. Held on 1.0.8 since I got it as it worked and was happy. I finally took the plunge and upgraded this time around due to the battery discharge / balance features. Not had any issues but worth checking you current battery firmware level to see if your batteries even support the new features before deciding to upgrade or not.

I will miss the faster flying speeds of 1.0.8 but hopefully the upgrades will be worth it in the long run.

One of the reasons I ask is I am loaning my P2V to my son. He needs to do some Ariel footage for a web site client. He uses an iPhone. We were unable to get it to connect with the Phantom. My android has not had any problems. I was wondering if updating the phantom would help him. Also, would it hurt me...

Geo

I'm having no issues with my android devices, Nexus4/5/7 and TF201. All still work fine after the updates. Don't have iPhone so can't comment on that side.

I stayed on 1.08 until the compass issue was addressed. I have kept up since.

:D Absolutely not.
I appreciate those who are first to update and deal with frustrations and conflicts with new firmware released prior to full testing.
If it isn't broke, why fix it? :lol:

I saw your thread title and I thought it was my thread. I just asked the exact same thing.

For me, I'm sticking with 1.08 unless there really is something useful in some future FW. I use a 3rd party gimbal... And with the BS of DJI batteries, I plan to buy some 3rd party batteries as well.

So.... what exactly is he missing? Please elucidate!

I'm still on an old android app -- 1.0.37, it's rock solid.
Every later version I've tried has serious video blackouts. Did later firmware fix any of that?

gpauk said:
So.... what exactly is he missing? Please elucidate!

I'm still on an old android app -- 1.0.37, it's rock solid.
Every later version I've tried has serious video blackouts. Did later firmware fix any of that?
Ground station, if your into that sort of thing.

Compass declination thingy improvements.

Battery care, if you have the right batteries.

Slower speeds :(

Thanks for the info...

Well, waypoints don't interest me, I like to fly for myself, but it's certainly a great feature if you want it...
Is it still ios only too (I've not looked)?

Battery -- well, until DJI replace my faulty batteries, that's of little relevance...
You were very lucky to get battery replacements from DJI; it's not the typical result.

Compass cal was never a problem and I don't fly where there'a a need for a dec fix, and excellent stability can be achieved by tweaking setting as has been documented.

And -- I didn't see the release notes but plenty of people still report video blackouts with 3.06+ so I don't think it's fixed yet!

So I think I'll stick where I am!

gpauk said:
<snip>
Compass cal was never a problem and I don't fly where there'a a need for a dec fix, and excellent stability can be achieved by tweaking setting as has been documented.</snip>

Actually you could be anywheres from a -2 to a -4 negative declination in Scotland.

Here is a site that anyone can check anyplace in the world to see what, if any declination you have in your current area.
http://www.magnetic-declination.com/

Still @ 1.08 armed with a 7th channel lever and seeing nothing worth upgrading for... :arrow:

well if you want the new features you wont be getting it on that old version. i think the old versions had a higher risk of flyaways and now the new versions have tools to show you your range before battery drain much better than the old days. the autopilot is pretty amazing when you use it. the ability to reset home point on the fly is pretty sweet too. the only drawback is the slower decent IMO

Migmon said:
well if you want the new features...

As I previously stated, I consider nothing you mention worth having, the majority of which appear to limit performance. I'm all for keeping things up-to-date, but 2.x seemed to break more than it fixed and 3.x feels more like big brother/nanny mode... :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik