am I the only one who hasn't gotten their second battery?

Bought my P3A with 2 battery bundle from "TheCameraBox" on eBay on May 19st. Copter and 1 battery showed up on May 21st.

The 2nd battery came on June 18th.

I bought another battery from Adorama on June 16th and got it June 18th.

Just a couple of comments on dealers from a complete noob to quadcopters. First is that of Dronesetc.com. I ordered a bundle from them with an extra battery. It was a little up and down from my experience, but after researching the company, I did like their story. Becca has been quite responsive. Communication goes a long way with me. They could not ship on time through Amazon, but she stayed in touch. The additional battery did not ship with the original shipment but they got it out as soon as they received it and I believe that. Unfortunately I am traveling and have not got to see my new bird yet. I want to go home now.

Multicopterwarehouse: Wow! Now I was fortunate enough to be in Colorado a few weeks ago (after I already ordered through Dronesetc) and the young man who attended to my questions was amazing! I really wish I remembered his name. I am terrible with names. Maybe Aaron? I don't know. I will tell you that the amount of time spent with me with no expectation of a sale was astounding. I will definitely be purchasing my case, extra batteries, and anything else from them. I really don't care whether or not I save a few dollars here or there with someone else. This level of customer service was some of which is almost never seen any more. If anyone knows this guy's name then shout it out. His bosses should definitely know that people like him make for very good and loyal customers.

You're not alone.................. I ordered a bundle with 2 extra batteries in early May that still haven't shipped. Vendor got a load of them in a couple weeks ago but bumped me, said it would be a couple more weeks. Asked them again the other day about them, they told me they would ship this Tuesday. Starting to get a little pissed now. I ordered a backup bird so I do have 2 batteries now, but I really need the 2 from the bundle order. Also ordered 2 more from DJI a couple weeks ago............... I've written them off, or don't expect delivery for months.

I haven't received my 2nd battery in P3P with extra battery bundle. I am from Australia, maybe that is the reason why LOL.

I just got mine a week ago. I emailed DJI and the guy called back saying they were way behind on the batteries and the would be sending them out separately and behind in schedule. Their supply chain apparently could not keep up.

I'm still waiting for my bundle battery, I've also got one on order from DJI. I ordered another on a whim from coptershop & they emailed me yesterday with a tracking number, so it should be on a plane across the pond soon :)

I bought P3A + extra batt on May 22 directly from DJI and didn't receive any news about extra battery yet! A fancy china girl told me last week, that battery will ship end of june ... anyway ... she didn't specify the year..

Five weeks and still waiting for three extra batteries from Atlanta Hobby.

DJI informed me that my spare P3 battery got shipped yesterday. Battery shipped 22 June.

Ordered my P3P on 18 May and it got shipped 22 May (without extra battery).

Any spare batteries are probably needed to mate to the P3's to allow for the initial sale. DJI is probably feeding out a small batch here and there to keep the dealers at bay but their main goal is to sell P3's and they need at least 1 battery to accomplish that. If you were a dealer lucky enough to get one of those small batches, would you sell them at $150 to new customers or send them out to your bundled customers, who already have at least one battery and whose $100 you may have already spent. Business is business.

Last edited:
Have most people receive their second battery already? Let me know if you're still one who hasn't, as I am the same boat. I would complain to my dealer but I don't know what the situation is right now.
I purchased a P3A with extre battery, to be shipped seperatly. When the second battery did not arrive after a short time, I ordered a battery on Amazon. got it in three days. Called my dealer about second battery. He said he is 200 batterys short on the orders with 2 batterys. If you are buying a Phantom 3. Get the $999 model and order second battery from third party. They have them. Still waiting on my second battery from dealer.

Got an e-mail that my 2 batteries from DJI shipped today! Ordered May 30th, so almost 5 weeks. Got the 2 extra from original kit bundle a couple weeks ago. With the 2nd Phantom I bought, I'll now have 6 batteries........... whoohoo!!!

When I attended the DJI New Pilot Experience they gave us a $50 Phantom coupon, I ordered my Phantom 3 Pro' the same day from host Great Hobbies here in Edmonton. We were also all given some great news. If we bought our Phantom from them, all P3 intelligent batteries we acquired through them would be sold to us for half price their stores full retail value. So at $194.99 for two, I ordered four for $389.98 The shipment finally arrived in Canada last Friday. And were to be shipped out, on Tuesday. So they should be here this coming Monday. ;-) 3 more days.
I figure with five batteries, I should be able to enjoy an awesome flying experience. Even while breaking them in gently the first ten flights, at ten minutes a piece. I will always let the Phantom cool off a bit before flying again. So it will be and enjoyable time. It's only been since May 25th. Not all that bad considering.

RedHotPoker

Yeah, I do the 10x10 break-in battery conditioning too. Some here say it's not needed.............. but I'm already in the habit!

Good for you. Some guys here seem to have more money than brains. Don't pay them any attention. Besides they can say one thing, and being doing the same as us. If any of you here, want your expensive intelligent batteries to last longer, just break them in gently as suggested. And after every twenty flights drain them down to 8-10% and fully charge them back up. At these prices, even at $98.00 a piece I want to extend my investment to the max.
I'm not cheap, or frugal, just a wise and thoughtful user of this equipment.
Glad most others are equally considerate of the correct method of doing this. Play it smart, and make your dollars stretch. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20