Am I the only one who can't use the display?

Reaction score
I use an iPad Air 2 set to highest brightness and even bought a shade for the iPad but I cannot really see anything on the display during daytime. No matter if I stand in the shade, turn towards/away from the sun, I always see a reflection of myself and the area around me. So apart from the occasional glance at the telemetry data I always watch the P3 "live".
It is difficult to imagine me being the only one that has this problem. Or are there any tricks that I am not aware of?
Any help would be appreciated.

I use an iPad Air 2 set to highest brightness and even bought a shade for the iPad but I cannot really see anything on the display during daytime. No matter if I stand in the shade, turn towards/away from the sun, I always see a reflection of myself and the area around me. So apart from the occasional glance at the telemetry data I always watch the P3 "live".
It is difficult to imagine me being the only one that has this problem. Or are there any tricks that I am not aware of?
I use the IPAD 3 with a shade I bought off amazon. I also put an antiglare screen protector on the ipad and as a last resort when it is really bright, I drape a cloth over my head and shade hood to knock out the glare. The cloth is easy to pull away should I need line of sight such as landing.

Goggles or glasses would be great, but we have to wait for DJI to put out the HDMI replacement upgrade board. The DJI Inspire 1 Controller has this feature now and you can plug in goggles.

Mine is the same. I took it up first time today 2 flights and messed with a ton of settings to no avail. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 5. It's bright for the P2 but not this one. Freezes up during flight and the actual app restarts during flight as well. Was going to do some searches on the last issue.

Mine is the same. I took it up first time today 2 flights and messed with a ton of settings to no avail. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 5. It's bright for the P2 but not this one. Freezes up during flight and the actual app restarts during flight as well. Was going to do some searches on the last issue.
At this time you will have to use an antiglare screen protector, a sun hood and a cloth over the head and controller to get good vision---especially if you have old tired eyes like me. If you have good vision then maybe not. I see these youtube videos of the guys wearing sunglasses and looking at the controller, but I am unable to do that.
I am using IPAd 3 with not operational issues.

At this time you will have to use an antiglare screen protector, a sun hood and a cloth over the head and controller to get good vision---especially if you have old tired eyes like me. If you have good vision then maybe not. I see these youtube videos of the guys wearing sunglasses and looking at the controller, but I am unable to do that.
I am using IPAd 3 with not operational issues.
Hey Bob,

Your in SA as well so you can see it's cloudy and gloomy out, you would think I would have better visual on the screen. No sun to have sun glare this morning. Did you adjust screen settings when you first used the pilot app?

Hey Bob,

Your in SA as well so you can see it's cloudy and gloomy out, you would think I would have better visual on the screen. No sun to have sun glare this morning. Did you adjust screen settings when you first used the pilot app?
I did crank up the ipad backlight a little--

in these clouds I can see pretty well without the cloth hood over my head and the controller , but I always use the ipad hood and a cloth hood over my head and controller when the sun comes out--
I only take it off on take off and landing to watch the copter.

Just better for me. I have been able to use the ipad in a good shade with no hood. It is going to be trial and error to suit your personal preference and eyesight. When I first looked at the app with the Phantom connected, I didn't like it and would not have been able to fly it fpv. I also added the non- glare screen protector to the ipad

It will definitely get rid of the mirror glare you are dealing with now. You will probably need a sun hood also and the extra head clothe if it is really bright sunlight.

I ordered an anti-glare screen. Let's hope it will improve my vision.
Hey Kraut55, I figured out what mine was. Turn the round wheel on the top right side of the controller slowly to the right. If you turn it one direction it gets brighter, if you turn it the other it gets darker. DEV in blue should be around 0 or withing a couple of numbers. I made the mistake of turning this wheel ande that is why mine was dark. Looks great now.

Hey Kraut55, I figured out what mine was. Turn the round wheel on the top right side of the controller slowly to the right. If you turn it one direction it gets brighter, if you turn it the other it gets darker. DEV in blue should be around 0 or withing a couple of numbers. I made the mistake of turning this wheel ande that is why mine was dark. Looks great now.
That is the exposure and shutter for the camera-- yes what you see is what you get. If you couldn't see the screen before, the video could not have been very good

I have found the iPhone 6 plus with a shade does pretty well in bright conditions.

Didn't you see all those commercials on TV for phones and tablets? Out in th bright sunlight they all have great bright pictures. Wonder why we can't? Lol

Didn't you see all those commercials on TV for phones and tablets? Out in th bright sunlight they all have great bright pictures. Wonder why we can't? Lol
The phone manufacturers' will tell you anything to sell a phone or tablet, as will the copter manufacturers to sell you a copter. It has to be a conspiracy. :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic