Am I safe to fly?

Reaction score
I have the current firmware on the actual controller but only have the 2.00 firmware on the phantom because I want to hold off on 3.0 until the issues with it not working correctly with iPhone get resolved. Is that an ok combination or do I have to have the absolute newest firmware for the phantom since I have the newest firmware for the controller. I know it's not good to mismatch them and that's why I'm asking.

I'm assuming that if the latest controller firmware was released along with the 2.0 firmware than I would be ok but if it was released more recently than I wonder if I should probably update the phantom. So even if someone could direct me to the release dates of the firmwares I could probably get an idea of if it's ok or not. Hope this all makes sense and thanks for any help.

The short answer is, You are safe to fly. You don't need the latest firmware and you don't even need the version 2.0 firmware as you can use the one just prior to that. Either of those firmwares will work fine with the 5.8ghz RC remote. As well as with the latest versions of the DJI app. If you have an iOS device I recommend using the older .32 version of the app as the newer version is heavily prone to freezing the fpv feed requiring a full power reset of your Phantom to restart.

BenDronePilot said:
The short answer is, You are safe to fly. You don't need the latest firmware and you don't even need the version 2.0 firmware as you can use the one just prior to that. Either of those firmwares will work fine with the 5.8ghz RC remote. As well as with the latest versions of the DJI app. If you have an iOS device I recommend using the older .32 version of the app as the newer version is heavily prone to freezing the fpv feed requiring a full power reset of your Phantom to restart.

Thanks, unfortunately there is no way for me to get the older version because I just downloaded it for the first time the other day. So far it has been ok. Hopefully that keeps up. Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl