Am I overloading

Reaction score
Hey guys
I am adding ground station to my setup. I'm unsure if I should do so(affect total flight time because of additional weight). It is already carrying a h3-3d with a gp3 a irc 600mW and a tk201 GSM GPS tracker.

Re: Am I overloading

Hmm, that's getting quite heavy...

Fit the latest generation props - which generate more lift, and keep an eye on your batteries, as they will be worked harder, so flight time will be less, their temperature will be higher and their life shortened.

VRS will increase, as it is proportion to prop wash, so take care descending and ensure you have the latest, nanny state firmware, as 1.08 will probably allow you to get into serious trouble!

You may want to play with the gains to ensure the 'bird remains stable, but controllable and when flying manually, be aware that the greater mass will take longer to decelerate and turn.

noiseboy72 said:
Hmm, that's getting quite heavy...

Fit the latest generation props - which generate more lift, and keep an eye on your batteries, as they will be worked harder, so flight time will be less, their temperature will be higher and their life shortened.

VRS will increase, as it is proportion to prop wash, so take care descending and ensure you have the latest, nanny state firmware, as 1.08 will probably allow you to get into serious trouble!

You may want to play with the gains to ensure the 'bird remains stable, but controllable and when flying manually, be aware that the greater mass will take longer to decelerate and turn.

The latest generation props? You mean the stock props right or a different kind?

Thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20292
The 9450 is designed for heavier loads, but not sure if they now ship with them??

Still trying to get hold of some, but they are out of stock everywhere.

I have a similar set-up on "Miss Piggy", my overloaded Phantom 1.5. She does surprisingly well with the original props but I do get a minute or two more using the Vision style props. Be very cautious when descending -- allow extra time for a slow return to ground level.

When using the ground station it is critical to have the throttle at 50% or more if you take manually take over control during or at the end of a waypoint flight. I learned this the hard way -- Miss Piggy dropped like a brick because I'd left the throttle at zero (it is not self-centering).

andersonpaac said:
The kit says it includes only 1 CW and 1CCW , dont i need 2 CWs and 2 CCWs?

Yes, you need two packs. DJI always sell props in packs of 2, not 4.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj