Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Am I not posting correctly in the introductions?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by joker'shobby, Apr 30, 2016.

1. joker'shobby

I have a thread that got a reply, but none in introductions and this is my first forum. Why is only one of my posts showing in notifications?

2. J Dot

Hey Joker
    Don't take it personally,
    The alert system here is a bit screwy sometimes! My alerts hardly ever work! Lol ( so we been using tricks to break through ) like if you need someone to reply to you type ( @ ) then their member name, I'll do yours here @joker'shobby . You should have a forced alert! This works well.

Not sure what is up with alerts? Conversations section works for me ( pm's ), but my posts are hit and miss.
    So I click on my avatar ( your name icon on your posts ) go into your profile, choose " Your content " and it will pull up a list of all posts you are in. Best way to check all your posts, so you don't overlook anyone , as this has unfortunately happen to me a few times, once almost losing me a sale! ( I did not realize he replied, never got alert ) but he was cool with it, once he knew what happened!

You can also contact a MODERATOR, and see if they can check that your settings are ok!

Personally
    I just got Imune to it! And don't bother me anymore!

Ps: also in alerts it sometimes only shows you the first reply ( even though you might have several replies in that post ) most likely as not to clutter up your alert list? But I like that feature.

Hope this helps
    Take care, Fly safe
    J Dot
    :cool:

joker'shobby, dirkclod and clackey like this.
  3. joker'shobby

@J Dot thank you so much! I know the airplane on the right side of what I am typing is the send symbol, but what is the + in the circle on the left for? I really appreciate your advice.

4. joker'shobby

Is it JspaceDot with the at symbol in front? How does one do an "instant or private" message?

5. J Dot

Yes you got it,
    Sorry had to go out of town all day ( grandpa in hospital ) went to see him.
    As for the plus mark I'm not sure? I tried using the app once and hated it, so go to to full site on my iPhone 4s, so can't help you there, sorry.

As for conversations ( pm's ) just click on the persons member name by their avatar ( circle for custom picture ) then choose START CONVERSATION, then it opens a pm style window, just type and send!
    ( not sure if it is still the same, but when I joined, I had to be a member for so many days before I could pm another member ) but they sold the site to someone else since then, so not sure if that is still going on or not?

J Dot

dirkclod likes this.