Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
Hi, I just got the 3 pro and have a problem with video. I set everything up and it all works fine until I hit video record. Then my phone screen goes blank and I loose connection to the drone. To get it to connect again I have to do a hard reboot of the drone and controller and go into apps on the phone and do a forced close of the dji app. At that point I can boot everything up and have full control again until either of the video buttons is pressed and it does it again.

I have the latest FW and I show 14 sats. The 3 is in beginner mode. Not sure what to do, but afraid to fly because I might accidently hit the video button. Photos are fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'd like to get started learning how to use this thing.

Are you sure you are losing full connection, or are you just losing video signal? Are you using ipad? You may try a slider switch in the app called "Enable Hardware Decode" and turn it on.

I have no control that I can tell and the connect bar on the phone (android) is greyed out until everything is rebooted and the app is forced to shut down. I have only had it in the air once and when it lost connection it went straight down and landed which was about 10ft from the take off spot. It was only up for a couple of minutes. All of my other tests have been with it sitting on the ground. pics ok video pressed and app closes. I did format the sd card with the go app just in case.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl