Am I current? (107.65 question)

Reaction score
Let's say I am a Part 61 pilot who had a current flight review back in September, and at that time obtained my Remote Pilot Certificate by passing the FAA online course.

But now, my flight review has run out. Do I still meet the requirements of 107.65 to operate a small UAS?

You met all the requirements to obtain the remote pilot ticket. No requirement to maintain currency after you got it. Not sure if anyone knows how the FAA is going to handle renewals though. But that's 1.5 to 2 years away.

You met all the requirements to obtain the remote pilot ticket.
I did at the time, yes. But to operate a UAS now, I still have to satisfy the requirements of 107.65.

The Feds said:
A person may not operate a small unmanned aircraft system unless that person has completed one of the following, within the previous 24 calendar months:

(a) Passed an initial aeronautical knowledge test covering the areas of knowledge specified in § 107.73(a);

(b) Passed a recurrent aeronautical knowledge test covering the areas of knowledge specified in § 107.73(b); or

(c) If a person holds a pilot certificate (other than a student pilot certificate) issued under part 61 of this chapter and meets the flight review requirements specified in §§ 61.56, passed either an initial or recurrent training course covering the areas of knowledge specified in 107.74(a) or (b) in a manner acceptable to the Administrator.

(a) is not applicable since I never took the initial knowledge test
(b) is not applicable since I've never taken a recurrent knowledge test
(c) is not applicable since I no longer meet the flight review requirements

Does anyone see something I'm missing?

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I see something... I don't meet (c) now, but I did complete (c) within the previous 24 months, so I'm good. That makes sense.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1