Am I about to bugger my P3S ?

Reaction score
My Birdside, 2.4Ghz replacement patch antennas arrived in the post.

I have decided to remove the damaged pair and fit the replacements as they came out.

I really don't like the look of external antenna mods.

Any tips before I start ?

Watched a lot of videos, read others experiences.

I have this gut feeling I am going to turn my P3S into a doorstop.

External is a lot easier and you can change them easily if you fancy a change :D

If you are opening it, might be worth epoxying under the motors whilst youre in there, especially as there is a chance the shell will crack a few flights in from overdoing the motor screw torque, mine did after the first flight. Maybe im heavy handed. I used thread lock and lower torque the next attempt.

Has anyone tried that ultraviolet light drying plastic glue type stuff they advertise on TV to strengthen the shell motor mounts?

Has anyone tried that ultraviolet light drying plastic glue type stuff they advertise on TV to strengthen the shell motor mounts?

It's not great. It's less than permanent and starts to come off. I went through this and then used plast-aid and it works the best and far better than epoxy and bondic. I haven't had the cracks spread or develop since putting plast-aid under the motor mounts. Good stuff.

I've used the UV glue on a dryer door handle. Had to glue all 4 of the little plastic snaps that hold the handle. It did great. It has held up 3 months with all the constant pulling and yanking.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik