Always wonder why only use 2 anti drop pin

Reaction score
I always wonder with 4 mounting/cushion on the gimbal mounting plate, why only 2 and not all four of the cushion have anti drop pin?

Is it ok to put pin on all 4 or is there a reason for only using 2 pin?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's ok also to have only 2 like it comes from the factory. You can put also zip ties on the other 2 not tied.

Yes it is ok to have only two pins. These pins hold the gimbal attached to P3 in case those "white anti vibration supports" come out due to any reason. In normal operations, these pins don't have any other function.

Last edited:
It's lighter than having 4 pins .....

One youtuber posted how he thought DJI made a mistake so he added the extra 2 so he had all 4 pins. He had some terrible video jello/vibration issues after and he realized that it was from using all 4 pins. Took the two out and no problems. So it makes a difference with video too.

> it is ok to have only two pins

Thanks for the info about Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the Gimbal Mounting Plate But Were Afraid to Ask :-]

I was about to ask this, too.

> it is ok to have only two pins

Thanks for the info about Everything You Always Wanted to Know About the Gimbal Mounting Plate But Were Afraid to Ask :-]

I was about to ask this, too.
Why should someone be afraid of asking a question? This is forum to help each other and not for showing how much more or less we know.

Reactions: sonof40
I have had several other questions like "soundtrack" "horizon" "IMU" "firmware" "ipad" "video" "battery discharge" "csc" "descend" "vortex ring state" etc ...but after doing a quick search I found several threads already fully answering my question.

One youtuber posted how he thought DJI made a mistake so he added the extra 2 so he had all 4 pins. He had some terrible video jello/vibration issues after and he realized that it was from using all 4 pins. Took the two out and no problems. So it makes a difference with video too.
You are kidding me! Right?

Those pin are pretty loose and I don't see how or why will they cause extra vibration? On the other hand. There might be a reason for Dji on putting just 2 pin on 4 damper. Please don't tell me Dji is trying to save .0001c with 2 plastic pin on a $999 quad!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mmee1992
You are kidding me! Right?

Those pin are pretty loose and I don't see how or why will they cause extra vibration? On the other hand. There might be a reason for Dji on putting just 2 pin on 4 damper. Please don't tell me Dji is trying to save .0001c with 2 plastic pin on a $999 quad!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You already got your answer. The pins do nothing if everything is working as it should. The rubber dampers hold the gimbal in place. The pin is just there in case the rubber fails for whatever reason then your camera won't plummet to the ground.

Anti-Drop Pin... Get it? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

First. Thanks. For all

Second. I am just curious.
Why DJI put pin on 2 out of 4 damper? Why not 1 or 4? Is there logic behind that

Third. One person say he saw at youtube that if you out pin in all damper. It will cause ripple or vibration. True/false and why

I didn't get a technical answer. So far just a bunch of he-say and whatever. I don't know and i have no need to found out why.

I am the type why just like to know

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl