Aluminum

Reaction score
I purchased a roll up aluminum table to use out in the field. Since it is not a ferrous metal can i calibrate my IMU on it?

jv

I know on RC planes themselves it can cause issues, I don't think it would be a good idea because it is also considered a metal.

I purchased a roll up aluminum table to use out in the field. Since it is not a ferrous metal can i calibrate my IMU on it?

jv

Look for Plastic! Like one of those little side tables for Patio Furniture.

I've launched and landed off my RETRAX Pro bed cover a few times with no issues.
Not saying it's right or wrong but I'v done it

I've launched and landed off my RETRAX Pro bed cover a few times with no issues.
Not saying it's right or wrong but I'v done it

He wants to do MUI Settings on it that's were the problem comes from. I've seen pilots landing and taking off from truck beds but the MUI is a bit special.

It doesn't have to be ferrous to cause problems. No metal of any kind.
So should we be worried about aluminum cases?

Only metal that can be magnetic or change a magnetic field should be avoided; as well as magnets in speakers which have caused compass errors.

Some tablets (and shades) have magnetic strips which also have caused compass errors.

Aluminum cannot be magnetized.

Reactions: dirkclod
So should we be worried about aluminum cases?

Only metal that can be magnetic or change a magnetic field should be avoided; as well as magnets in speakers which have caused compass errors.

Some tablets (and shades) have magnetic strips which also have caused compass errors.

Aluminum cannot be magnetized.
You have to watch all of these tables-- some of them have metal frames-- like my PVC tables and my card tables-- tried both of those and got compass errors. Don't take off on your car hood, car roof, or pickup beds, or side walks-- they have rebar and/or wire mesh-- anything magnetic or aluminum tables if they have steel frames or braces.:D:D:D:D

Aluminium (or aluminum ; see spelling differences) is a chemical element in the boron group with symbol Al and atomic number 13. It is a silvery-white, soft ...

Reactions: Matty4
Aluminium (or aluminum ; see spelling differences) is a chemical element in the boron group with symbol Al and atomic number 13. It is a silvery-white, soft ...
SAY WHAT!:D:D:D:D

;);)

jv
NO

I have a ali frame table and I get compass error if I switch on drone with it sat on table.

Reactions: Jbundy63

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4