Aluminium Ribbon Cable Protector? Phantom Fix

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain this isn't a repost.

Maybe the creator is a member here?

Just ordered one of these, saw it on the Phantom Vision 2 Plus Owners facebook page just now. Looks like a worthwhile investment. I can only assume he's an enthusiast by the sounds of it so I'm not worried about it not working....my first reaction is that the weight might affect the performance of the gimbal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231325999661?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I am a sucker for safety, so I just ordered one. I am a bit concerned about the weight it adds to the camera and if that might harm the gimbal motors. Anyone held one yet?

I can't help but wonder how it is held onto the gimbal. I would also be concerned about the free play in the cable, it moves around in that area and if the protector inhibits movement, that can't be good.

I got a really quick response to my question about how much it weighs and I was told 4 grams and I was assured that weight will have no effect. I probably should order 2...humm..

I got mine today and it does just slide on but there is doubled sided tape on the long side to hold it onto the gimbal. You also loose the ability to use your stock gimbal holder and I wonder why both of these issues were not mentioned in the description. I might have gotten past the above issues, but when I wrote the seller and said that I was not happy to find out these issues after the fact, he was rude and acted like a jerk. I gotta say that kind of response bothers me more then I want it to. Guess I am just thin skinned, but when I sell something I show appreciation and try and treat people with respect. Not the respect they deserve, cause sometimes they might not deserve much, but just out of the respect that everyone has an opinion.

At this point my recommendation on what I think of this product depends on how much it costs me. He told me to send it back, but it just bothers me to waste money but he would not respond to my questions about the description, or lack of.
More later. I would at this point not recommend anyone buy this part until I finish my research and testing. (I have some gimbals that come apart easy, lets see if this thing works!)

I am the jerk wedelivermore is referring to. He sent me a question regarding the weight and I responded that it weighed 4 grams "WITH THE TAPE". It comes with an instruction page and the first picture on that page shows exactly what 1/4 inch of the plastic gimbal lock must be ground or filed off. He accuses me of misleading him. I have since modified the description on ebay in order to make things very plain to anyone with the ability to read and look at pretty pictures. All I have asked him to do is send it back for a refund. If he hates it that much why would you want to keep it. As for the ribbon cable no interference. As for the weight , my camera is acting fine with it. As for the functionality, I have had three crashes with it and my camera is alive and kicking. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS GO TO "DJIPHANTOMFIX.COM" and use the offer code MAC for a 10% discount. If anyone would like a copy of the instructions PRIOR to buying it just email me at [email protected]. Before you take the word of someone who apparently has a problem with reading, please go to e-bay put in djiribbon and look at the feedback from 22 people who have bought it. And then you will want to go to the website and get your 10% discount. As for Craig Rissman just return the piece for a full refund PLEASE.

clingermac said:
I am the jerk wedelivermore is referring to. He sent me a question regarding the weight and I responded that it weighed 4 grams "WITH THE TAPE". It comes with an instruction page and the first picture on that page shows exactly what 1/4 inch of the plastic gimbal lock must be ground or filed off. He accuses me of misleading him. I have since modified the description on ebay in order to make things very plain to anyone with the ability to read and look at pretty pictures. All I have asked him to do is send it back for a refund. If he hates it that much why would you want to keep it. As for the ribbon cable no interference. As for the weight , my camera is acting fine with it. As for the functionality, I have had three crashes with it and my camera is alive and kicking. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS GO TO "DJIPHANTOMFIX.COM" and use the offer code MAC for a 10% discount. If anyone would like a copy of the instructions PRIOR to buying it just email me at [email protected]. Before you take the word of someone who apparently has a problem with reading, please go to e-bay put in djiribbon and look at the feedback from 22 people who have bought it. And then you will want to go to the website and get your 10% discount. As for Craig Rissman just return the piece for a full refund PLEASE.

Clinger, you should put a picture of your product on the ebay page. I looked all over for it but only saw the pics of the damaged cameras (I think).

The picture of the camera has one mounted but I will make it clearer today. The bracket is also showing on the picture above with the number 1 on it.
Thanks for the input.

Looks like a nice fix for the problem, clingermac. Thank you! I'll write a review after I try it out.

clingermac said:

I am really sorry for starting this. I did not intend this response but I am even being attacked at my business Email. So she went to my webpage and got my email to express her anger at me. Hey. Sorry, when I said I wasn't happy I meant, I just had cancer surgery yesterday so I am not happy. The meds are not working very well so I am not happy. And you yelling at me.. now I am not happy. (ooh, they think they got all the cancer)

Here is the question I asked.
I do not see how to use both your protector and the stock gimbal/camera guard that comes with the Vision plus. Also I did not see mention that it would need to be attached with tape that could make it difficult to remove. I thank you for your quick shipping but I was making this purchase to provide me info for a review at Phantom Pilots where a thread was created about your part. At this point I am not happy.

Here is the response to my question above.
If your not happy send it back and I will return your money. I really don't remember you asking how it was held on. I did have one person ask the question and I told her exactly how it was held on. If your implying that I am misleading anyone , I am not happy. If you will look at the feedback on e-bay, many people have said that it was just as it was described. And when it came to accuracy of the description they gave it 5 stars. The short of it is that if you want your money back you can have it back as soon as the bracket arrives. AS FOR THE GIMBAL LOCK L-O-O-K at the instructions or better yet have someone else look at them, it's all explained. Have a nice day.

Ok ok... everyone calm down.

Clingermac, these are just the things we find out in business, that customers may not understand what may seem to be common sense when it's in front of you. I can tell you are probably an opinionated individual who speaks his mind, and obviously this did not bode well with Wedeliver who just wanted to let you know about his confusion.

Wedeliver, it does seem common sense to me that it would have to adhere with tape...as opposed to...tension? If it were with tension it would prevent the gimbal from moving obviously. LOL.

This is getting into the area of "modding" so of course there are some give and takes like having to mod your gimbal lock to fit with this bracket... Much like you have to drill holes in your Tx/RE if you want to put in one of FPVLR's kits. At least now Clingermac knows to state this fact in his auction for future buyers, thanks to you pointing it out.

I'm sure once you stick it on, everything will be honky dory and you will have potentially insured yourself $$$ from breaking the gimbal.

End of story! Everyone happy? Good. Phew.

On a side note, still waiting for mine to get across the border! I hope it's been shipped! :p

clingermac said:

I am very sorry. It was not my intention to cause this kind of response. I was speaking as a customer and it was just a question.
The use of my full name does seem a bit extreme and I wish you would not do that. And please do not send me emails to my business. I have not left feedback at ebay, nor have I expressed how I feel but I am asking you to please stop. Thank you so much and have a good day

It's a freakin $22 fix that can prevent $700 in damages that can easily happen. I don't care if I have to superglue it on. Thanks, clingermac.

MapMaker53 said:
It's a freakin $22 fix that can prevent $700 in damages that can easily happen. I don't care if I have to superglue it on. Thanks, clingermac.

I probably should keep my mouth shut at this point, but I only mentioned the tape as I take these gimbals apart all the time and I had not thought about how the part stays on, As can be seen at the beginning of this thread we were wondering if it slid on etc.

And as you point out above if this part can keep the gimbal from coming apart that would be great and something we all should consider. I do have a gimbal that needs attention at that point and would be a good test subject.

I do wish to point out, that shipping was very quick, although there was no tracking.

It's easy to misread the intent of a post. I just ordered one and will give my opinion of it here. I suggest clingermac post his fix in the Classifieds section of the forum.

The discount for members of this group using offer code DRONETHUSIAST is now working. Web site is 2 days old and didn't work until yesterday. Sorry about that.

This is my last word to Mr. Rissman. I sent the e-mail with a copy of your previous question regarting weight because I stated in my response that it weighed 4 grams "with the tape". I also sent a copy of the instructions in case you didn't look at them before discarding them. When I tried to e-mail this to you, you had me spammed out and they couldn't be delivered. So I sent them to your "business" which you used here. The tone I took was because you told me that you were reviewing my product for a group and "AT THIS POINT I AM NOT HAPPY" what would you consider that statement other than I am about to slam your product because I didn't look at the instructions. You were implying that I had misrepresented it to cheat people. I have cheated no one. And lastly tell the truth about the tracking number: 9400111899561135182965 that just proves a point doesn't it. Do you work for a dealer, dealers are not happy with my product, DJI can't be happy with my product and why is it that you have all those gimbals you talk about? And it seems that of a couple of hundred people who have bought the product, YOU are the only one unhappy with it.
And as far as I'm concerned this subject is closed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers