Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Alu Case Mod to fit all FPV setup

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Mods' started by brian_dw, Mar 8, 2014.

1. brian_dw

Hi...just want to share some picture showing my Aluminium case whit a little mods to fit all the setup without uninstall the monitor from my Main Controller...hope this will give u some idea how to reshape the foam precut....

This is my FPV setup...
    [​IMG]

Antenna attach to Immersion 600mw and i stick it over iOSD Mini in the center bottom,
    antenna was bent 90 degree and i dont want to unplug it everytime i store it to the case
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and i dont want to uninstall any parts already being setup on my controller too, to store it to the case...
    [​IMG]

This is how i reshape the precut from Alu case that i bought...
    [​IMG]
    i cut some parts of the foam so i dont need to remove my RX and TX antenna and my monitors from controller , my idea is since i move a lot from one location to other location to shoot some short clips , i will be easily taking out and store my DJI Phantom to the case

And Last picture this is how all the Setup was on the case...the only thing that i need to uninstall everytime i store is my monitor foldable sunshade...
    [​IMG]

Hope it Helps...
    Best Regards to all PhantomPilots Members and Happy Flying... :)

2. 2trickpony

Nice job!
    Do you need to take the props off?

Where did you get the case?

3. brian_dw

4. Fz1pilot1

Wow... Very Nice! Good Job and I like your Rig!

5. OI Photography

I really like the blackout LED covers. Are they fully painted black, or just "tinted" (still opaque)?

6. brian_dw

hi...
    it's fully painted black....when i fly at night sort of ruining my captured video :)
    now the led decrease 60% of the brightness...perfect for me...my video frame is clear without the blinking of LED in it ... :p

7. OI Photography

Very cool! Do you remember which type of paint you used in particular?

8. JerEl

That case mod is really great but I wish I could find a case that can fit the Phantom 2 with the taller legs.
    I really like the tall legs, moved the compass further down the leg away from everything, it's more protective of the GoPro and transmitter/video hub wiring, plus it's more stable on landing with the wider stance on uneven ground.

9. zapf

Pelican should have what you want. I measured the total height of mine (w/ the cheap tall china legs) and chose the 1620 based on the internal dimensions.

10. backcountrymedic

I hear ya! I bought a Pelican 1560 and did a DIY foam job on it. It works really well, and everything fits to my liking. But I'm really wanting a backpack solution. I don't want to have to swap to the stock landing gear just to accommodate a backpack, but I'd sure like that portability...