Alu Case Mod to fit all FPV setup

Reaction score
Hi...just want to share some picture showing my Aluminium case whit a little mods to fit all the setup without uninstall the monitor from my Main Controller...hope this will give u some idea how to reshape the foam precut....

This is my FPV setup...
13013054683_1ce4774ce2.jpg

Antenna attach to Immersion 600mw and i stick it over iOSD Mini in the center bottom,
antenna was bent 90 degree and i dont want to unplug it everytime i store it to the case
13012889125_96ee1cbc10.jpg

13013275174_ec17df81ff.jpg

and i dont want to uninstall any parts already being setup on my controller too, to store it to the case...
13013920453_436cfc0432_c.jpg

This is how i reshape the precut from Alu case that i bought...
13012940285_4ab8fd5492.jpg

i cut some parts of the foam so i dont need to remove my RX and TX antenna and my monitors from controller , my idea is since i move a lot from one location to other location to shoot some short clips , i will be easily taking out and store my DJI Phantom to the case

And Last picture this is how all the Setup was on the case...the only thing that i need to uninstall everytime i store is my monitor foldable sunshade...
13013100533_ba14ace97c.jpg

Hope it Helps...
Best Regards to all PhantomPilots Members and Happy Flying... :)

brian_dw said:
Hi...just want to share some picture showing my Aluminium case whit a little mods to fit all the setup without knocking off the monitor from my Main Controller...hope it helps to give u some idea....

This is my FPV setup...

Antenna attach to Immersion 600mw and i stick it over iOSD Mini in the center bottom,
antenna was bent 90 degree and i dont like to unplug it everytime i store it to the case

i cut some parts of the foam so i dont need to remove my TX antenna and my monitor now i dont need to knock it off from controller everytime i store it...

And Last picture this is how all the Setup was on the case...the only thing that i need to remove everytime i store is my monitor sunshade...

Hope it Helps...

Nice job!
Do you need to take the props off?

Where did you get the case?

Wow... Very Nice! Good Job and I like your Rig!

brian_dw said:
Hi...just want to share some picture showing my Aluminium case whit a little mods to fit all the setup without uninstall the monitor from my Main Controller...hope this will give u some idea how to reshape the foam precut....

This is my FPV setup...

antenna was bent 90 degree and i dont want to unplug it everytime i store it to the case

and i dont want to uninstall any parts already being setup on my controller too, to store it to the case...
13013920453_436cfc0432_c.jpg

i cut some parts of the foam so i dont need to remove my RX and TX antenna and my monitors from controller , my idea is since i move a lot from one location to other location to shoot some short clips , i will be easily taking out and store my DJI Phantom to the case

And Last picture this is how all the Setup was on the case...the only thing that i need to uninstall everytime i store is my monitor foldable sunshade...

Hope it Helps...

OI Photography said:
I really like the blackout LED covers. Are they fully painted black, or just "tinted" (still opaque)?

hi...
it's fully painted black....when i fly at night sort of ruining my captured video :)
now the led decrease 60% of the brightness...perfect for me...my video frame is clear without the blinking of LED in it ... :p

brian_dw said:
OI Photography said:
I really like the blackout LED covers. Are they fully painted black, or just "tinted" (still opaque)?

hi...
it's fully painted black....when i fly at night sort of ruining my captured video :)
now the led decrease 60% of the brightness...perfect for me...my video frame is clear without the blinking of LED in it ... :p

Very cool! Do you remember which type of paint you used in particular?

That case mod is really great but I wish I could find a case that can fit the Phantom 2 with the taller legs.
I really like the tall legs, moved the compass further down the leg away from everything, it's more protective of the GoPro and transmitter/video hub wiring, plus it's more stable on landing with the wider stance on uneven ground.

JerEl said:
That case mod is really great but I wish I could find a case that can fit the Phantom 2 with the taller legs.
I really like the tall legs, moved the compass further down the leg away from everything, it's more protective of the GoPro and transmitter/video hub wiring, plus it's more stable on landing with the wider stance on uneven ground.

Pelican should have what you want. I measured the total height of mine (w/ the cheap tall china legs) and chose the 1620 based on the internal dimensions.

JerEl said:
I wish I could find a case that can fit the Phantom 2 with the taller legs.
I really like the tall legs

I hear ya! I bought a Pelican 1560 and did a DIY foam job on it. It works really well, and everything fits to my liking. But I'm really wanting a backpack solution. I don't want to have to swap to the stock landing gear just to accommodate a backpack, but I'd sure like that portability...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.