Altitude

Reaction score
Afternoon Folks,

I guess this may have been asked a few times before - I have a ph2 non vis with a gopro and 600mw vid tx + iosd. Had it up to 80 meters last night , only about 20 meters horizontal distance.

What altitude generally is safe , (dont worry I wont hold you to it! :lol: ) .. just wondered what others had achieved.

Thanks

Jim

jim_mids said:
Afternoon Folks,

I guess this may have been asked a few times before - I have a ph2 non vis with a gopro and 600mw vid tx + iosd. Had it up to 80 meters last night , only about 20 meters horizontal distance.

What altitude generally is safe , (dont worry I wont hold you to it! :lol: ) .. just wondered what others had achieved.

Thanks

Jim

The safest altitude is 0ft. But it is dependent on how quickly you got there. Anything above that is entirely subjective. You need to determine what if any air traffic is likely to be nearby. Are you FPV or LOS? Wind? Weather? There are too many factors specific to your situation to answer that question.

jim_mids said:
Had it up to 80 meters last night , only about 20 meters horizontal distance.

Thanks

Jim

:shock: I don't want to be a party pooper but Solihull is just a stone's throw from Birmingham International which is a Category A airport! You should check out this link http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

I've had mine at 1.2km vertically.... obviously not in the UK of course! :D

I wouldn't do it again.... it was a one off just to see what it would do :)

Had mine just over 1k........I plan on doing it again next time the winds that high are calmer then they have been,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj