Altitude not reading 0 before takeoff in app

Reaction score
I need some help. I have about 20 flights and this particular problem just came up. When the Phantom VS2+ is on the ground and i have everything connected, 12 satellites and all, im good to go flying but the app says the Phantom is at 45 feet when its sitting on the ground. Does anyone at alll know how to "0" it out so it shows the correct alt? I was literally at sea level. Thanks in advance because i couldn't find anything anywhere on this topic.

Thank you,
SN

I'm having a similar problem. When the P2V+ is on the ground, the app says that it is negative 12 ft altitude. If I fly straight up, at around 12 ft off the ground, the altimeter reads around 0 ft.

I read something about doing an IMU reset a while back, but can't find it now.

My location is about 5200 ft above sea level, if that makes any difference.

photographix said:
I'm having a similar problem. When the P2V+ is on the ground, the app says that it is negative 12 ft altitude. If I fly straight up, at around 12 ft off the ground, the altimeter reads around 0 ft.

I read something about doing an IMU reset a while back, but can't find it now.

My location is about 5200 ft above sea level, if that makes any difference.

My understanding is wherever you lift off from it should show 0 feet regardless of where you are in relation to sea level plus or minus a a few feet. Mine is not exact and never has been.

Im not sure about an IMU reset but you can find it in the Dji software... 'Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2'.

This video was very helpful to me at first...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695FLzWT_ko you can find what you are looking for at the 8:47 second mark.

I did a compass re-calibration even though it doesn't have anything to do with the barometer. I did not do a IMU reset but did a basic calibration. I was able to get it to read 6 feet on the ground and when i took off it seemed to show its actual altitude plus the 6' and that number varied throughout the flight. It did not seem to be effected negatively by the wrong alt reading.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, everyone! Got it fixed.

Was a little afraid to click on things in the Assistant, and Chinlish didn't help, either.

I did an IMU Basic Calibrate (not a Reset, if such a thing exists...don't know why I used that term), took it outside and got ready to fly.

The Vision App now read -3.3 ft altitude sitting on the ground. As I flew it around, the accuracy seemed to improve from there. I hovered about 1.5 ft off the ground near the launch point, and the readout said 1.2 ft.

Close enough for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1