altitude limits

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the "trick" to get my copter to fly above 1,640 ft? Also the range. DJI in their infinite wisdom, has decided that we can only fly 500 meters high, and500 meters out

Do u live in the u.s. there's a law about flying pass 400 u know

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

There is no law. Have you changed the setting in the app? Be sure and use extreme caution at any altitude but especially above the 400' ceiling, usually reserved for a rural location. Use a spotter if you can to watch for other aircraft.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

Enjoy your quad and fly safe!

Reactions: dirkclod
Can anyone tell me the "trick" to get my copter to fly above 1,640 ft? Also the range. DJI in their infinite wisdom, has decided that we can only fly 500 meters high, and500 meters out
There is no trick. You're stuck with the 500 metres altitude limit.
But there is no range limit except what you set in the app.
Go in there and you can turn that off.

i-qBFFq2n-L.png

Reactions: Fatcat1
I don`t . Nor do I ever want to. I only fly LOS.
I understand that but you said there is a way to bypass the 500m limit and want to know what you do that we don't :)

Fly to 500m. push RTH. push left stick up. Do not cancel RTH. Never tried it myself, seems
that if you can control your bird in RTH mode you can also control height. Only thing is if you release your left stick your bird will restart the RTH sequence and start to desend. Let me know if it works.

Last edited:
I understand that but you said there is a way to bypass the 500m limit and want to know what you do that we don't :)
His silence tells the story I guess. I still don't understand how you can see it at 1640'. My eyes aint that good....lol

Fly to 500m. push RTH. push left stick up. Do not cancel RTH. Never tried it myself, seem that if you can control your bird in RTH mode you can also control height. Only thing is if you release your left stick your bird will restart the RTH sequence and start to desend. Let me know if it works.
If you say
There is a way to go higher.
but you never tried it then you don't know .
You shouldn't say you can if You Don't Know Bro ;)

Look on youtube for "HOW TO BYPASS MAX HEIGHT PHANTOM 3, go over 500m"
???BRO????:smirk:

Last edited:
Mine becomes little more than a spec at 400'. Actually, I'm comfortable with a lot less than that. I very rarely look at my tablet in flight, just to line up shots and such.

When I need to see earth from heights over the set hard ceiling I use this for risk free viewing - Google Earth :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub