altitude limits?

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

I have been flying same construction site regularly (P4P). Have LAANC authorization to fly at 250 feet in a 100 feet FAM grid. Made the mistake of accepting the NFZ upgrade on the prompt. Yesterday a message came up that I was limited to 196 feet. Is there a method to get cleared higher?

Just guessing but are you near a runway threshold? Thanks to the horrible new dji geo 2 that now has a 60meter(196 feet) to 120 meter(393 feet) near runway approach/departure you are likely limited. Even though you have your LAANC you now also need dji unlock.

I too have a job that has now become under the 120meter altitude zone. I had to get a dji unlock for this area so I can fly to 530 feet(within 400’ of a 300’ structure) for a overhead shot.

Please dji stop interfering with 107 pilots. Let us take full responsibility for flights without limiting us.

Just guessing but are you near a runway threshold? Thanks to the horrible new dji geo 2 that now has a 60meter(196 feet) to 120 meter(393 feet) near runway approach/departure you are likely limited. Even though you have your LAANC you now also need dji unlock.

I too have a job that has now become under the 120meter altitude zone. I had to get a dji unlock for this area so I can fly to 530 feet(within 400’ of a 300’ structure) for a overhead shot.

Please dji stop interfering with 107 pilots. Let us take full responsibility for flights without limiting us.

I'm 4 miles away from the threshold. I'm so sick of this nonsense, everytime I think I got it all figure out, some of this same garbage crops up. How do I unlock this? Thanks.
Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 4 miles away from the threshold. I'm so sick of this nonsense, everytime I think I got it all figure out, some of this same garbage crops up. How do I unlock this? Thanks.View attachment 105918

This is just another reason why so Many of us Preach the 509 firmware, taking your drone back to being responsible again but you do have to remember not to update , but this is the answer you seek. Having a drone with a 509 firmware on standby is the way to go.

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org
Coal

Yep looks like you are stricken by the horrible new dji geo 2 system and altitude limits. I also am in the same situation but was able to unlock by going to DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography letting them know the lat/long of the location I wanted unlocked, just use google maps and drop a pin then copy paste the cords
02CC8C9E-D368-42DD-8D3B-FD098E1EC247.png
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Hey dji stop limiting 107s. Let us take full responsibility for our flights!
8B4CB586-E1AD-47F0-AEDB-40CD7C044384.jpeg

It is great that you got LAANC to 250’ so close to PHX class b though

Last edited:
I don't even use the DJI software for my P3P.... updated the firmware when I bought it 3 years ago, horrible experience, haven't updated since and never will.

Reactions: KCadby
Thanks God I never updated any of my drones and I never had any of such issues. So why you people or at least some of you must update every time it pops up?

Thanks God I never updated any of my drones and I never had any of such issues. So why you people or at least some of you must update every time it pops up?
Who's "you people"?

OK. If this needs additional specification - everybody who regularly update their DJI birds whenever a new update comes out. I have really no intention to teach anybody to update or not.
My comment to the problem in this thread is just to lighten the reason for it - the update!

Sometimes we give people the answer to there problems , and woes, and it is completely dismissed, the rants seem more important than the fixes so " you people fills that void.

Is there anyway to fix the problem? I think it’s the IOS app and not the firmware. I downgraded the firmware and I still have height limit of 196ft.

Is there anyway to fix the problem? I think it’s the IOS app and not the firmware. I downgraded the firmware and I still have height limit of 196ft.
It is not the firmware. It's the Fly Safe Database. My 2.0 is in it's latest firmware and DJI Go 4 on it's latest version, but my Fly Safe has been asking for update since October and Geofencing 2.0 was released in November. I flew my P4 today at 400' at the edge of the 5 miles radius (LAANC approved), but my buddy's P4P wasn't able to go past 150'. He has everything updated.

Reactions: dors2219
Thanks for the info. When you have a minute..How did you unlock the height limit on fly safe? Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka