Altitude limit: how can I do this?

Same reason you opt to take video of what you record. Same reason 2 photographers have 2 different views.
I have spent enough hours at and above cloud base to realise there is nothing much of interest for the camera lens, i can remember years ago taking pics when flying wave cloud formations for the first time, but cumulus, stratus in or above not,
More interesting up there are the things i see which have no reason to be there and there not by choice, bumble bees, dragon flies, butterflies for instance.

The few posts i have made concerning pilots wanting to get around height limits or fly long distance could be easily misunderstood, for the most part i fully understand why, apart from wanting to achieve or punch through cloud with no features around,
Although i have no interest to send my phantom up there and till now no incentive to make mods for distance beyond its intended use, i am all for pushing limits so also accept other pilots should have the freedom to do so, for me to advise against would be hypocrisy, i spent lots of time and energy avoiding forced use of transponders,
I questioned rules, i explained why it was not possible to submit a planned flight including route and place of landing,

I have been a pilot most of my life at times regarded as one of the rebels who would bring unwanted regulation which would result in my chosen sport ruined, some used the word castrated, we so called rebels decided to keep a low profile and carry on, avoiding our activities becoming a point of discussion by clubs or authorities, we became invisible, we disapeared from the clubs,
I wonder why hard line pilots flying quads have not taken the same route,

Regulation came to us in various amounts in countries we flew, we found we had a lot to learn in order to do as we had done for so long.

I would disagree :)
MDpnG0Z.jpg
I dont disagree its a nice view, but yourself and every member on the forum has seen similar as a passenger countless times, impressive its taken from a phantom and i am not the person saying its reckless to do so,
No doubt the FAA or whoever would be outraged and already screaming the word regulation,
I dont fear physical contact with a quad so much at those altitudes, low altitude does however concern me

I just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why my Litchi 2.3.1 would crash. Now as some of you know, I made the mistake of upgrading my RC which had 1.3.20 to 1.5.70. Once this happens, Litchi 2.3.1 (which has no altitude limitation), crashes on start up. I then swapped my controller to one with RC 1.3.20 - and behold, Litchi 2.3.1 worked once again. But then I swapped my RC HDMI module board from my upgraded 1.5.70 controller to my "old" controller with 1.3.20. Result: Litchi 2.3.1 crashes on startup. So my theory is that the update to 1.5.70 somehow also changes some code on the HDMI upgrade board itself, which you cannot downgrade. I will now order a "virgin" HDMI upgrade board to see if this is the reason. I just hope it's not updated from the factory.

EDIT: It gets even more interesting. With the "updated" HDMI module in the RC, DJI Go versions prior to 2.4.3 don't work anymore. They connect and display camera, but give all info as N/A! I tried 2.4.0 and 2.3.0 (I don't have 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 anymore). So definitely, some updating is done to the HDMI board with the 1.5.70 RC upgrade.

Last edited:
After running Litchi 2.3.1, quitting it, and starting up DJI Go (in this case 2.4.3), the altitude gets saved. I tested and it works just fine. Of course, you need to be on FW 1.4 on the bird and 1.3.2 or below on the RC. Also it gets reset when you shutdown the P3.
Eza1qcJ.png

Last edited:
Is it possible to land part way up? If you land and shut down the motors, then restart them it *should* reset the low point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers