Altitude issues on Phantom 2 Vision

A vertical limit of 250ft sounds like a cut antenna.

I had this accident happened to me where I cut the antenna wire when I opened the Tx. Before the cut, I could go +5-600ft in any direction with no control signal loss at all (but wifi distance was the limiter);

Once it was cut, I could only go 250ft vertically and around 400ft horizontally before losing control signal.

ive flown mine 2 times now cause of the crap weather in wales

today it was only letting me go 70ft in the air before flashing yellow leds came on and signal was lost
ive done the updates for controller and drone ill take a look at the antenna wire but im positive i didnt touch it

ud think dji wud have sense not to put usb in the controller right by the antenna lead if this issue had such a big affect on the flying of the drone, i mean an external usb at the bottom of the controller shud have been done from the beginning.

I climbed to about 400 ft then all the sudden my vision started climbing on its own. It went to 900ft then over 1000 so I shut the controller off. Of course I lost wifi for a little while and the message retuning to home came up. I know when you loose connection its supposed to climb 60 ft before returning home but not 400 to 600 ft. Needless to say I was scared but the vision came home safely. I also have done all the downloads with the latest firmware. I hope someone can shed some light on what may have happened because now I am starting to queation the new firmware.

DJI needs to provide a user settable RTH minimum height, to allow
something greater than 20 meters, to better clear trees, buildings, etc.
when the P2V is Returning Home.

At the same time, being able to set a MaxHeight, and MaxDistance,
would to be helpful to better limit the permitted flying cylinder.
There could be a user choice of actions at the cylinder boundry,
but the default could be a simple "soft wall" to "do not fly beyond".

This might help keep the P2V from suddenly flying up or away on its own,
but this problem, and the sudden crash problem, both need to be
found in the software, and eliminated as soon as possible.

These both create severe safety hazards, with an uncontrolled
spinning, slashing device falling out of the sky, possibly killing
people. No reported deaths or severe injuries yet, but...

Until DJI finds fixes for these problems, to limit their
liability, it is possible that they should Ground the P2V...
but that might hurt their sales a bit.

I just heard from Dronefly. They confirmed that the Phantom 2 Vision has a ceiling limit of 400 feet AGL, if you push it beyond that, it will return to home. This is unsatisfactory. What if you fly up a canyon or up hill? Crash.

MrFlats

MrFlats said:
I just heard from Dronefly. They confirmed that the Phantom 2 Vision has a ceiling limit of 400 feet AGL, if you push it beyond that, it will return to home. This is unsatisfactory. What if you fly up a canyon or up hill? Crash.

MrFlats

That "confirmation" is flat out wrong. Myself and many others in this forum can bring our phantoms well above 400 feet without a problem.

I don't believe there is any limit on altitude imposed by the software. I've been to 1100 ft and still have both wifi and the control signal. Nothing was limiting me from going even higher.

Went to 1350' New Years Eve-looking for fireworks. No luck! Have hit 900' in daytime. Control signal lost then return to home in both instances-overroad the return home.

was limited to 200' when my antenna connection broke during firmware update. DJI replaced controller but usb still inside of unit.

Apparently the latest firmware for the Naza module (Dec 2013) has a limit of about 450 feet
over the take-off point. Perhaps some P2Vs have this new firmware, and some do not.?

Anyone still following this post....I can confirm that comms with the controller can be limited when flying directly overhead. I get about 400 feet before a return home. Today, I flew about 300-500 feet downrange, and performed the same height test and made it to 675 feet and was limited cuz i think i put 200 meters as my limit so I got a max height limit warning.....I also did get sporadic loss of comms as well at this 675 feet or so

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4