Altitude help

Reaction score
Ok so I'm going to try my best to make sense with this post..

I live in the UK and I have done the 32 channel hacked but I had the problem of having to change the region of my iOS device to the U.S because doing the channel hack and living in the U.K it won't let you select a channel manually but now because I changed the region of my IOS device to U.S I have a restriction of 500M altitude which if in the U.K I can take that restriction off no problem, can anyone help me on what to do or try so I can manually select 'custom' channel and also not have a restriction on my altitude? Thanks

whats more important to you: height or channels. Answer to that will decide your immediate action. But it makes no sense to fly over 500m, that my point.

Yes I have gave that a thought I do understand I just want to push this peace of technology to its limit and catch some breathtaking shots.
But where I live unfortunately I suffer with a lot of 'interference' so the custom 32 channel has been a massive help for me Thinking about it now changing the region to a different country other than the U.S will that work.. Suppose I'll give that a try but hoping someone would know something more simple

Do you realy believe that by exceeding 400 ft that you will improve the relationship between us flyers and the caa. I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: LWC1496
I thought the height limitations in the UK were laws... and more restrictive than the US. I thought there was a hard limit of 400 feet.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Footnote. I'm assuming that the caa monitor all drone forums and note possible breaches of CAA rules.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that nobody here has a work around for defeating the 500 meter limit. At least not one that is easily applied or widely known.

Footnote. I'm assuming that the caa monitor all drone forums and note possible breaches of CAA rules.

Maybe but ... It is a lot of work to tie a post on a forum to a person at a keyboard.. It usually works the other way around. Someone does something stupid and a review of their electronic devices is used against them later. At least that's how it works in my experience. Of course that depends on the offense.

Ok so I'm going to try my best to make sense with this post..

I live in the UK and I have done the 32 channel hacked but I had the problem of having to change the region of my iOS device to the U.S because doing the channel hack and living in the U.K it won't let you select a channel manually but now because I changed the region of my IOS device to U.S I have a restriction of 500M altitude which if in the U.K I can take that restriction off no problem, can anyone help me on what to do or try so I can manually select 'custom' channel and also not have a restriction on my altitude? Thanks
So.. if I change my location to the UK, the height restriction disappears?!

I'm in the UK and I'm sure the limit is set to 120m by default (CAA max) but can be changed to a max of 500m.
I thought I'd read somewhere that a recent firmware had got rid of the no restriction on height.

So.. if I change my location to the UK, the height restriction disappears?!
The P3 as a max height of 500m, legally in the UK you can only go up to around 120m (400feet), personally i have set the height limit in the app to said 120m so i stay within the laws. The more people break the laws and get bad press for drones, the more tight the laws will become and it will start to limit where and when we can fly even more. If people stay within the laws and fly smart maybe they might loosen up the laws more.

The P3 as a max height of 500m, legally in the UK you can only go up to around 120m (400feet), personally i have set the height limit in the app to said 120m so i stay within the laws. The more people break the laws and get bad press for drones, the more tight the laws will become and it will start to limit where and when we can fly even more. If people stay within the laws and fly smart maybe they might loosen up the laws more.
Agreed, regarding safe and legal flying. Plus at 120 metres it's virtually out of sight anyway.
Just curious about the UK setting cos my understanding was that 500m was hard coded into phantoms worldwide, which you seem to confirm.

There is a pdf doc available from the caa. The laws are detailed in it. Its a hell of a long detailed thing to read but worth it. I fell asleep on page 4 and carried on later. Most of it is straight forward and common sense. However there will always be some clown out there who thinks it clever to push beyond law, for example up through cloud, out the other side for the thrill. What he doesn't know is what's up there with his drone. It could quite easy be an airliner. Then b4 you know it there's a blanket ban nationwide on us. The thing is though that in every walk of life there are idiots. You've only got to YouTube fails and they are there. They try jumping ice covered rivers, they drive cars like maniacs they do all sorts of stuppid things and when they fail we hear laughter. Even after injury.
Even with regulations and you and I stick to those regs, idiots and terrorists will never take notice. They will simply put up two fingers and say f//K you.
All the rest of us can do is be responsible. Read and Respect those rules and keep our noses clean.
I would never want to loose my A3 but more importantly never wish to be responsible for bringing down a light aircraft or even worse a big bugger ..

I think that the fact that as the original poster has not submitted any further replies other than post number three may well indicate that he has detected the tone of the thread as being 'stay legal' and may well not want to - I will support Flying pug's robust comment 100%, stay within the law and don't f**k things up for us more mature, law-abiding pilots!

Reactions: Alexlapo
I am glad I posted this because it will make
More people like me Aware of the rules about and not to break them, after seeing the replies on this post I read deep into the rules of the U.K and have taken it in! I do think 500m is more than enough I just didn't think the serverness of the laws around them I just thought it was maybe idiots that fly them around airports, I love my P3A and don't want the law clamping down.

I thought the height limitations in the UK were laws... and more restrictive than the US. I thought there was a hard limit of 400 feet.

Yep.You're right. I think maybe that because this forum is worldwide and people see conflicting info, they automatically believe that they can fly up to the max they read. Not to be forgotten that in some areas even 400 is too high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers