Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

altitude fluctuates wildly setting still

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by Keith Shaffer, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Keith Shaffer

After a hard landing, I am having issues with out of control flight. Bird goes up and down with no movement of sticks. Would crash if I didn't over ride what it is trying to do. I didn't think I was going to get it down. I was calling it down and it would descend a bit, go back up, start coming down until I could finally grab it. Setting on the table I can watch the altitude fluctuate. It starts out not so bad. 5 to 6 feet, but after a minute or two it will range from 27' to +60', down to -150', back up to 50', down to -200' and so on. I have done a advanced IMU calibration several time "with unit cool", & calibrated compass. After my last flight, I not sure if my hard landing caused this issue, or this issue caused my hard landing?
    Any suggestion? I am stumped!!!!

2. Daytona

Bad GPS or altimeter would be my guess.

3. Keith Shaffer

I thinks the GPS is mounted under the cover? Were is the altimeter? After doing some digging it sounds like I may need to install a new Naza-M module. I have my bird apart, and found the Naza-M module, however, I am not sure how its attached. It looks as if is glued some how to the main circuit board. I am still hoping it is something more simple than this!

4. Daytona

GPS is in the top cover between the plastic and foil shield. If the ceramic antenna is cracked its bad.
    As for the ALT I do think its part of the NAZA unit. YouTube has video's showing the disassembly

5. N017RW

No altitude data from GPS.

Likely a bad IMU which contains the barometer.