Altitude descrepancies

Reaction score
Im have had may Phantom 2 Vision plus for about 2 weeks now. In this time I probably have run thru about 30+ batteries and have been having a blast. I also have a Arducopter, several Blade quadcopters and a whole fleet of RC Helocpters. One thing I have noticed with my Phantom is on when i first arm the rotors, it gives me an altitude of less than 2ft. After i take off an fly around a bit, the altitude starts to get pretty inaccurate. For example, if i fly around for a bit at lets say 150ft, then come back down to a hover about 5ft off the ground, the altitude on my smart phone will show 30ft+. Is this normal? Is there a way to reset? I have tried landing and taking off again thinking that would reset when i rearm... but even then I am still 30-50ft off. If I totally turn the phantom ff and back on, that fixes it until I start to fly again. It makes it really hard to play automatic missions because I find myself adding 100ft in altitude just to be very very safe that I wont hit anything.

Doug Fletcher

Thanks for the link. That was very helpful. My next noob question would be can I/should I do the Advanced Calibration indoors or will I get better results if I do it outdoors? I watched a few YouTube videos and they seemed to mostly do it indoors, but if i get better results outside, I would certainly opt to do it that way.

Doug Fletcher

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik