Altitude and distance limitations- Function of DJI Go or aircraft firmware?

I'm still on 1.4 firmware and I can tell you its limited by software. I don't know if later iterations of firmware would limit this though.
I know this as the Beta Litchi 2.3.1 android software was able to set to 6000m altitude. All Litchi software after that had the 500m restriction imposed. This was done by restricting the SDK.

Yes, I talked to Litchi, and he even sent me a copy of the older version. Problem is, when DJI implemented that change to 500m, it was the same time they changed the SDK. SO the old versions of Litchi dont work with newer firmwares.

Whats the best version of firmware to keep the P3 at so it can use an older version of litchi? Can the P3 be downgraded to an older version of firmware?

Whats the best version of firmware to keep the P3 at so it can use an older version of litchi? Can the P3 be downgraded to an older version of firmware?
If you want to continue to use older Litchi you need to stay at 1.3.2 or older. 1.4 and 1.5 are newer SDK and DJI forced the 500m height onto Litchi. Once you go to 1.4 you can NOT downgrade at this point. I'm pretty sure it is written into the RC firmware that is now updated by DJI Go.

I have contacted DJI and all they say is that they have no future plans of changing it. No reason at all. (probably a copy paste response )

Just venting here, but this is not about US (good pilots) This is about the jack asses who dont know what they are doing and want to see how close they can get to a plane or to the white house ( I live near DC). And this is to help contain the jerks who think these copters invade there privacy. Like taking a picture of the top of there house at 200 feet will revile some super secret or like we want to see the fat hag in her panties on the third floor.(unless that's your thing)......I have a HUGE NFZ where I work and found out the hard way what that does to my P3 after it is in the air! Took everything I had to get it back to me! LOL

Just venting here, but this is not about US (good pilots) This is about the jack asses who dont know what they are doing and want to see how close they can get to a plane or to the white house ( I live near DC). And this is to help contain the jerks who think these copters invade there privacy. Like taking a picture of the top of there house at 200 feet will revile some super secret or like we want to see the fat hag in her panties on the third floor.(unless that's your thing)......I have a HUGE NFZ where I work and found out the hard way what that does to my P3 after it is in the air! Took everything I had to get it back to me! LOL
I also live near DC, so I feel your pain.

What firmware/software versions are the p3 shipping out with now? Has anyone bought one recently? Is it all 1.4 and newer?

It depends on where you get it from. For a while, box stores like Best Buy have older firmware. Dealers of course had a newer version. Yes, some now have 1.4 on them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20