Alternatives to Lightroom?

gCo

Reaction score
Ok guys, so I've been using lightroom***** which is an amazing program...

I was wondering if anyone had some free alternatives for programs like or similar to Lightroom*****?

PHOTOS
Gabriel Costales

Last edited:
Reactions: Gulfstream
Ok guys, so I've been using lighthouse which is an amazing program...

I was wondering if anyone had some free alternatives for programs like or similar to Lighthouse?

open

open

open

What is Lighthouse? If you mean Lightroom, it's the best Photo Management Application on the market. Also.. you Do Not have to buy a "subscription" from Adobe. You can buy a stand alone, desktop version.

I just updated my LR5 to LR6 for $79.00 -- the only reason I did it was to get the new camera profiles for the P4Pro, otherwise v5 is just fine.

Your initial investment will be aprox. $150 U.S. with Free Shipping and No Tax outside of N.Y. -- at BH Photo etc.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: gCo
What is Lighthouse? If you mean Lightroom, it's the best Photo Management Application on the market. Also.. you Do Not have to buy a "subscription" from Adobe. You can buy a stand alone, desktop version.

I just updated my LR5 to LR6 for $79.00 -- the only reason I did it was to get the new camera profiles for the P4Pro, otherwise v5 is just fine.

Your initial investment will be aprox. $175 U.S. at BH Photo etc.

Good Luck!

It was easy and quick to edit, definitely contemplating the purchase.
Thank you for your input, much appreciated!

Soooooo... I'm having trouble trying to match my footage look with davinci to the awesome edits I did with lightroom.

Anyone else run into this issue?

As other's have mentioned...there is no substitute for Lightroom, period; and trust me I hate the subscription model and I have tried all of the substitutes. Yes you can get it without the subscription, but I also need PhotoShop, Adobe Premier, and After Effects so I'm all in on the Adobe suite of tools.

As far as your DaVinci issue, I believe there is a plugin you can buy for Lightroom that will export your color grades as a LUT that you can then import into DaVinci Resolve. There is no other way to exactly mirror a Lightroom color grade in other applications due to the subtle shading, etc.

Reactions: gCo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20