Alternative drone delivery system (not what you think)

Reaction score
I have some locations near me where it's not possible to park near where it's suitable to fly. I know some poeple have backpacks and others have carry cases but I was thinking of a more fun way of getting the P2V to the flying area. I just need to work out how to attach it to the roofrack, possibly some polymorph will work?

I feel like this is a joke, but I'll bite.
-Is the take off area within visual rang...

Wait, I get it now, you're going to control the car as you walk up (stumble your distracted way) to take off area? So instead of carrying a couple of pounds, you're going to carry an extra controller and extra batteries for the car. All of which will go in the bag you didn't want to use in the first place.

Put a cam on the car... Sit at home, drive the Phantom to the take off site... Manoeuvre the car to give visual flying of the Phantom via the car cam.... :)

RandomEvents said:
I feel like this is a joke, but I'll bite.
-Is the take off area within visual rang...

Wait, I get it now, you're going to control the car as you walk up (stumble your distracted way) to take off area? So instead of carrying a couple of pounds, you're going to carry an extra controller and extra batteries for the car. All of which will go in the bag you didn't want to use in the first place.

You may have a point there, I clearly haven't thought this through. But on the other hand I'd have fun getting there. Maybe a trailer would be better and that could carry the extra batteries etc.

I think we're missing the obvious. Just use the visions camera :roll: , face it forward so you can see where your driving so all you need to do is find a comfy chair and drive out to your flying area :D

Another idea to hold the vision is build a roof rack with servos hooked up to a spare channel on the summit that hook onto the feet

Using a servo to latch the P2V onto the summit is a great idea, I could use one of the diff-lock channels...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4