Alternative battery discussion

Reaction score
Only the thing to think about.

I need to reach more flying time but you know that so called smart batteries are not cheap (about $160-200). So what i think to do:

I want to disassemble smart battery and get out of it only a lipo battery back without smart chips and use a battery housing like an "intelligent battery shell". Than assemble some lipo battery packs with same or a little less power characteristics, because of size fittment, or buy some ready made batteries and put it i to a "battery shell" using some connectors. So i can change them "in the field" (but i think it is better to assemble non-standart ones because of fiting in housing as i said earlier). So what do you think can i have a profit from this solution? And maybe someone allready disassembled smart batteries and can show or tell about what does it look like inside?

And sorry for my english, my native language is ukrainian :)

Noël thank you for the link

Mav456:
Why do you think so?
I haven't already read all topic listed below but it seems to be realistic method.

From thread mentioned below: Man named Tiagobaracho tried those i want to do and it works
IT DOES NOT USE VOLATILE MEMORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just disconnected and reconnected.... everything still works..
If anyone with stock phantom 2 wants, you can take out the smart board, put inside your phantom, and use a XT 60 connector to connect any battery to you phantom.. All you have to do is a mod to bring the power button to somewhere on the phantom shell - easy.

So i think it is not a bad idea, and i hope i'll try it soon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20