Alternative batteries for the P2

Reaction score
Are there any alternative batteries for the phantom 2 (that are cheaper than or more reliable than DJI's)?

I came across one called the Limefuel Air, anyone heard of it?

Limefuel is offering a 12 month warranty on their battery... I think I'd take that over DJI's three month any day

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413506422.154941.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413506422.154941.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 874
Being realistic and considering most of us have GoPro/FPV/Zenmuse, I wouldn't expect more than a minute or two.

Let's say I get about 20 min with the DJI 5200 with a 'naked' P2... cause I do.
5 more minutes would equal 25% more flight time for me.

Now, the extra 200mAh is only about a 2.5% increase from from 5200mAh... but gets me 10X% more flight time? B.S.

Yea, a minute or two would be all I would expect as well.

I'm wondering if it's worth it based on the warranty alone. DJI had already ripped me off on two batteries.

As is in thinking of getting something other than DJI for a new quadcopter. I'm still doing research on it.

Might be.

I was not 'slamming' the battery per se, that remains to be seen.

Just the notion of what an additional 200mAh will deliver.

I need a better battery solution. I'm getting 13 minutes on my newer batteries and 11 on my older ones. I've got an OSDII, vTX, H3-3D and H4B so I'm pretty maxed out but I'd still like to see the advertised 15-20 minutes.

Ordered one of the Limefuel batteries from Amazon last week. Release date was 10/15 but delivery date is 10/20 to 10/22. Limefuel is based in Colorado. Ok thats a long trip to Nevada.

Extra 200 mah isn't why I bought it. Looking for some reliability though. I do have some concern about battery weight. Lets see if Phantom Vision likes it.

enterprise1 said:
Ordered one of the Limefuel batteries from Amazon last week. Release date was 10/15 but delivery date is 10/20 to 10/22. Limefuel is based in Colorado. Ok thats a long trip to Nevada.

Extra 200 mah isn't why I bought it. Looking for some reliability though. I do have some concern about battery weight. Lets see if Phantom Vision likes it.

I'm with ya.

I hope they work out well.

I'm sure you'll let us know ;) .

enterprise1 said:

Yes, I'd love to hear what you think of the Limefuel. I'm itching to get some new batteries but very cautious of going back to DJI.

I would order one for sure but Amazon don't ship to New Zealand, hardly anybody does. I wish I could biff the intelligent iffy battery all together and convert to a proper, ordinary, reliable lipo.

I have reached out to Lime fuel to do a battery review for the Phantom 2. The rep paseed my info up he chain of management and I am awaiting to hear back at this point. Will keep you all posted.

I just received my Limefuel Air L54P 5400,Ah battery from Amazon. It came out of the box with charge indicating two green lights. Plugged it into my DJI standard charger and Nothing. I removed the charger and turned the battery on and then re-installed it on my charger - still nothing. No matter what I do, it will not charge this battery. I then tried an alternate backup DJI branded charger and still NOTHING! There must be something in the charger that somehow knows that this is not a RJI OEM battery. Oh well, nothing to but try and return it so I hope they don't give me a hassle. I noticed that there was a number on the bottom of the battery in China no less.

As far as the physical appearance in every way it seems to be the same mold as the OEM. I put it in my Phantom 2 Vision + and went into a hover for about 5 minutes so it does seem to power the Phantom. No, I didn't take the time to see if and what it reported about the battery to my software displays.

You plugged it into the charger then turned the battery on? [i know this is for topping up when over 75%, buy may change with a different powered battery]

Has anyone tried the 6000 mAh from onbo yet? Someone was supposed to reach out to us on the details
http://www.onbo-power.com/ONBO-DJI-Phan ... y-530.html

Edit:
Alright, so I spoke to the company about the 6000 mAh batteries and here's what they had to say.

" Hello Chirs,

Please see the following answers:

1.Are they actual 6000 mAh batteries?

Please see the attached picture-"ONBO BATTERY-1"

2.What is the physical weight in grams?

Please see the attached picture-"ONBO BATTERY-2"

3.What kind of flight times can we expect with our Zenmuse gimbal and Gopro hero cameras?

Hover time:30mins,flight time:18mins+

4.How is the build quality? Is it the same quality as DJI's? Will they be able to fit inside as easily as the original batteries?

6 months warranty,and it will be better than origial,all will be clear once you tested.

5.Last, what is the price for them and when do they go on sale?

OP-6000/10-3S(6000mah,11.1V) USD79.82/pcs(NO MOQ) USD71.84/pcs(MOQ:100pcs)-IN STOCK

Please let me know if any interests to place an order for this one

Kind regards

CiCi

ONBO CO.,LTD"

Attachments

• ONBO BATTERY-1.jpg
    ONBO BATTERY-1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 492
  • ONBO BATTERY-2.jpg
    ONBO BATTERY-2.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 510

Members online