Alternativ camera

Reaction score
Hi,

I am receiving my Phantom tomorrow and am very excited! However, my use will be for architectural photography (stills), and suspect the fisheyelens on the gopro will make more problems for me than I can handle in post. Does anyone of you have any experience in attaching a different camera that has a more moderate wide-angle that draws straight lines more or less...? Any help appreciated!

Regards
Thomas

I've tried a couple of low cost cameras and the narrow angle causes a lot of unusable footage. Very jerky when panning from left to right or right to left. It would probably work ok with the right gimbal set-up. Without one, I prefer the wider lens.

will27 said:
I've tried a couple of low cost cameras and the narrow angle causes a lot of unusable footage. Very jerky when panning from left to right or right to left. It would probably work ok with the right gimbal set-up. Without one, I prefer the wider lens.

Hi,
thanks for you reply! I will only use it for stills, so panning and such is not of great interest to me! May I ask which cameras youve tried with luck?

You can set the GoPro 3 (and presumably some of the earlier ones) to use a "MEDIUM" field-of-view rather than a wide angle, although it will only allow this in certain resolutions.

Hi,
thanks for you reply! I will only use it for stills, so panning and such is not of great interest to me! May I ask which cameras youve tried with luck?[/quote]

I've got a GoPro Hero3, GoPro Hero2, and a Bios Bulletcam HD. All 3 have Fish Eye lenses, but the Heros you can set up for lower resolution allowing it to narrower field of view. I dont really do stills, but all 3 are capable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj