alternating front red lights after dunk in water.

Reaction score
after taking my phantom 2 apart and thoroughly blowing out everything and drying it i let it set a couple of more days and today i put it back together. it turns on and makes a weird beepity beep beep sound and the ride lights are alternating. they don't quite seems in sync i notice nor does the beeping stay quite in the same time.
i hooked it up to the assistant software and it says it needs imi calibration but when i hit go it does not do anything.
it does appear that the compass is ready in range and moves up in number when i lift the phantom.
i am not absolutely sure i have the plugs in right on the imu but i am fairly sure. i think the gps is plugged into the right spot. it is in the large black plug on the main board near the battery.
any ideas of how to proceed with troubleshooting?
i am guessing i have a bad i.m.u.?
thanks for all the help.

thumpinhard said:
after taking my phantom 2 apart and thoroughly blowing out everything and drying it i let it set a couple of more days and today i put it back together. it turns on and makes a weird beepity beep beep sound and the ride lights are alternating. they don't quite seems in sync i notice nor does the beeping stay quite in the same time.
i hooked it up to the assistant software and it says it needs imi calibration but when i hit go it does not do anything.
it does appear that the compass is ready in range and moves up in number when i lift the phantom.
i am not absolutely sure i have the plugs in right on the imu but i am fairly sure. i think the gps is plugged into the right spot. it is in the large black plug on the main board near the battery.
any ideas of how to proceed with troubleshooting?
i am guessing i have a bad i.m.u.?
thanks for all the help.

Send me a video to [email protected], I'll be able to tell you if it's savable.

csivet said:
hi,
have you ever tried advanced calibration under the software ?
yes, did try that. i also put it in naza mode and set it to atto and the front lights did change but the red lights remained.
i am now wondering the the pubs that goes to the motors are bad..maybe just one. not sure how the main reacts to a motor getting wet under power etc.
there was some gravel in one motor when i picked it up. it could have scratched a motor winding. i might desolder the motors and see if i can power them up separately. i will have to see what voltage they run on..i am guessing 6 volts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers