Alternate FPV Camera?

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with FPV Camera recorders like the Bosam or Mobius?

I can't stand the GoPro transmitting a 4:3 picture. It's fine when you are framing shots but it's horrible over a pair of googles or for actually flying FPV.

d4ddyo said:
Has anyone had any experience with FPV Camera recorders like the Bosam or Mobius?

I can't stand the GoPro transmitting a 4:3 picture. It's fine when you are framing shots but it's horrible over a pair of googles or for actually flying FPV.

Yep, I'm using a Mobius for my fpv. Seems to work great for video, but I just figured out that I can only shoot stills at one photo every two seconds - not any faster. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

DaveTown said:
d4ddyo said:

Yep, I'm using a Mobius for my fpv. Seems to work great for video, but I just figured out that I can only shoot stills at one photo every two seconds - not any faster. I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Awesome. What do you think about the weight? what do you not like about the camera? What Aspect Ratio does it transmit and Is it selectable or automatic based on what resolution you select?

d4ddyo said:
DaveTown said:
d4ddyo said:

Awesome. What do you think about the weight? what do you not like about the camera? What Aspect Ratio does it transmit and Is it selectable or automatic based on what resolution you select?

The Mobius is lighter than the GoPro, but since I use a gimbal that is balanced for the weight of the GoPro, I have to make up the weight difference to keep it level.

I use a 7'' ( 6''x3.5'') monitor for FPV. When shooting stills, the screen is full. Shooting any video mode makes the monitor view a bit shorter (vertically) than full screen. Don't know if that's technical enough for you. If need be, i could take a photo of the monitor so you can see what I'm seeing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj