Altering the dji phantom 3 oem backpack

Reaction score
I have a oem phantom 3 hard shell backpack. I have added a camera gimble guard that fits in the lower part of the landing gear. My problem now is that it sits high on the styrofoam and I can not close the backpack. Can anyone tell me how to cut the styrofoam so that the P3P with sit back down in the backpack? And what can I use to cut through the styrofoam? Your help is very appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    781 KB · Views: 332
I have a oem phantom 3 hard shell backpack. I have added a camera gimble guard that fits in the lower part of the landing gear. My problem now is that it sits high on the styrofoam and I can not close the backpack. Can anyone tell me how to cut the styrofoam so that the P3P with sit back down in the backpack? And what can I use to cut through the styrofoam? Your help is very appreciated, thanks

Single edge razor blade worked just fine for me.

HB

An electric kitchen knife (used for slicing meat) with reciprocating, serrated blades works great. It also works well for getting smooth cuts on just about any kind of foam (memory foam, styrofoam, etc.)

steak knife

An electric kitchen knife (used for slicing meat) with reciprocating, serrated blades works great. It also works well for getting smooth cuts on just about any kind of foam (memory foam, styrofoam, etc.)
I used the electric kitchen knife and I worked out perfect. Thank you so much! I can now still use my hard shell backpack

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik