Also noticed jello on your PV2+?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it appears there is serious software and/or engineering issue with the PV2+ gimbal control loops.
Under some gimbal axes angles, gimbal control loops becomes unstable and resonates slightly with about 40-60Hz frequency. This instability is delicate - you can feel vibrations and hear slight hum, but it is enough to ruin best moments of your shot by creating intermittent jello. Best way to check it, is to turn on PV2+, connect the phone app and tilt the gimbal to various angles while moving the whole PV2+ in the hand to various angles. At certain positions and angles, PV2+ gimbal got unstable and stabilizes back after moving out the critical angle. It also appears there is control loop auto-tuning implemented in the control, doing auto-tuning on power-on but it just not work (these jerky gimbal movements on PV2+ power on). With other gimbals users can adjust loops gains manually or even turn on notch filters to eliminate mechanical resonances, but not in P2V+.

Anyone noticed occasional jello in your shots?

Hey DJI, are you listening?

Re: Also noticed sporadic jello on your PV2+? DJI gimbal iss

lizard said:
Hi everyone, it appears there is serious software and/or engineering issue with the PV2+ gimbal control loops.
Under some gimbal axes angles, gimbal control loops becomes unstable and resonates slightly with about 40-60Hz frequency. This instability is delicate - you can feel vibrations and hear slight hum, but it is enough to ruin best moments of your shot by creating intermittent jello. Best way to check it, is to turn on PV2+, connect the phone app and tilt the gimbal to various angles while moving the whole PV2+ in the hand to various angles. At certain positions and angles, PV2+ gimbal got unstable and stabilizes back after moving out the critical angle. It also appears there is control loop auto-tuning implemented in the control, doing auto-tuning on power-on but it just not work (these jerky gimbal movements on PV2+ power on). With other gimbals users can adjust loops gains manually or even turn on notch filters to eliminate mechanical resonances, but not in P2V+.

Anyone noticed occasional jello in your shots?

Hey DJI, are you listening?

+200 :cry:

Re: Also noticed sporadic jello on your PV2+? DJI gimbal iss

Check this out:
http://youtu.be/iySFbchfPYY
Exactly as mine, but in different tilt angle, gimbal on my P2V+ makes noises and jello pointing straight down.

Attachments

• gimbal_1.PNG
    gimbal_1.PNG
    359.1 KB · Views: 426
I did the same as you showed in the video.
Mine hasn't have it, sorry.

JP

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj