Aloha from Oahu

Should I keep my X Star Premium or jump ship to DJI Phantom 4 Pro?

• Keep the X Star Premium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Paul and I live in Oahu Hawaii and I am currently serving in the Hawaii Air National Guard. I have been flying RC planes and Helis for years now but finally just got into the drone game! I don't know why I took so long to get a drone but I love it so far.

I just wanted to introduce myself and also ask for some friendly advice. I just recently bought the X Star Premium and I love it but for some reason I keep thinking about the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Pro. I was about to buy the P4P when I noticed the X Star and I bought it instead. I have a few days before its to late to return it so I figured I would ask for some advice.

If anyone can answer my poll question or leave some advice that would be awesome!

Mahalo,

Paul

The X-Star Premium is the equivalent of a Phantom 3 Professional. While it's not a bad aircraft, it's certainly not the latest and greatest aircraft.

I also own an X-Star Premium. I'd choose a Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic if I could only have one.

Reactions: ChipperRay
The X-Star Premium is the equivalent of a Phantom 3 Professional. While it's not a bad aircraft, it's certainly not the latest and greatest aircraft.

I also own an X-Star Premium. I'd choose a Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic if I could only have one.

Agreed. But one must also note that the level of customer support given by DJI is below the level of sewer rat.

one must also note that the level of customer support given by DJI is below the level of sewer rat.
How has Autel's support been for you? I only had to contact them once and found the support wasn't very timely/helpful. I ended up replacing my aircraft through Amazon.

Hey everyone,

My name is Paul and I live in Oahu Hawaii and I am currently serving in the Hawaii Air National Guard. I have been flying RC planes and Helis for years now but finally just got into the drone game! I don't know why I took so long to get a drone but I love it so far.

I just wanted to introduce myself and also ask for some friendly advice. I just recently bought the X Star Premium and I love it but for some reason I keep thinking about the Phantom 4 Pro and the Mavic Pro. I was about to buy the P4P when I noticed the X Star and I bought it instead. I have a few days before its to late to return it so I figured I would ask for some advice.

If anyone can answer my poll question or leave some advice that would be awesome!

Mahalo,

Paul
Air guard cool as job hi from NZ ,go the phantom,:) all the best of flying which ever craft you choose,:D Ian

Hey everyone,

Mahalo,

Paul
Trust me Ayoquad! Just send your X Star back man! You will be so stoked on the P4P! End of story! Had two P4's last year. And now the P4P for over 8 months. It's the cheese man!

Thanks for the quick responses guys! I have talked with Autel twice now about magnetic interference and the charger making some crazy noises. They were pretty awesome and stayed on the phone with me for a long time. I still haven't decided but I'm leaning towards the P4P right now. I have to make my decision tomorrow lol!

The thing that's holding me back is being able to replace he camera in the future. I feel like the drone is pretty solid and if I had a better camera I would be stoked. But the P4P is pretty awesome already right now. I'm just afraid if I get a P4P and then the new model comes out DJI will drop support for the P4P... Idk this is hard :/

They will def come out with another model within 6 months to a year I'm sure. But that's a long wait til then! You won''t want a better camera for a little while anyway. LOL

Hey,
I live in Hawaii as well and I would defiantly recommend Phantom 4 Pro over the Mavic. The camera is way better especially in low light. I know two people that have the Mavic and since it's so small it does not hold so good when it's windy, it was 15MPH & my friends Mavic kept getting swept away.

Hey,
I live in Hawaii as well and I would defiantly recommend Phantom 4 Pro over the Mavic. The camera is way better especially in low light. I know two people that have the Mavic and since it's so small it does not hold so good when it's windy, it was 15MPH & my friends Mavic kept getting swept away.
Bet you have a blast flying in Hawaii! Are you on Oahu? I was there 3 times a couple of years ago. Sadly that was before my drone habit! LOL And your so right about the P4P vs. The Mavic. Mavic is a great little bird. But it falls shy in the camera dpt. It's give and take right!

Bet you have a blast flying in Hawaii! Are you on Oahu? I was there 3 times a couple of years ago. Sadly that was before my drone habit! LOL And your so right about the P4P vs. The Mavic. Mavic is a great little bird. But it falls shy in the camera dpt. It's give and take right!

Yes I'm on Oahu I've been looking in Phantom for 2 years now and I finally got the P4P & Love it!!! Especially with living here in Hawaii so many beautiful places to fly over.

Yes I'm on Oahu I've been looking in Phantom for 2 years now and I finally got the P4P & Love it!!! Especially with living here in Hawaii so many beautiful places to fly over.
I'm so jealous of you getting to fly paradise every day! P4P would be much better at handling the wind in Hawaii too I'm sure. Have fun and happy flying!

I'm actually about to go exchange the X Star Premium in a few hours.... I think lol. I still am a little worried because of the latest firmware update from DJI messing up people's drones. But if anyone has any last advice let me know! Also yuneec has caught my attention but I'm not sure about that.

I'm actually about to go exchange the X Star Premium in a few hours.... I think lol. I still am a little worried because of the latest firmware update from DJI messing up people's drones. But if anyone has any last advice let me know! Also yuneec has caught my attention but I'm not sure about that.

Just don't update it yet I hit ignore on the update I'm going to wait it out a bit.

Just don't update it yet I hit ignore on the update I'm going to wait it out a bit.
I thought we had to update now in order to not be restricted?? Maybe that hasn't happened yet. I have done so much research I can't think straight anymore!

I thought we had to update now in order to not be restricted?? Maybe that hasn't happened yet. I have done so much research I can't think straight anymore!
No, you can still turn the update down. Then it does effect your flight characteristics.

No, you can still turn the update down. Then it does effect your flight characteristics.
I think you meant doesn't and that's good!

So nobody thinks that it is worth keeping the X Star Premium because the camera and gimble are upgradeable in the future?? The one thing I don't like about the XSP is it's top speed. I haven't been able to hit 33 mph with it so it just feels slow to me.

Anyways thanks for all the info guys!

So nobody thinks that it is worth keeping the X Star Premium because the camera and gimble are upgradeable in the future?? The one thing I don't like about the XSP is it's top speed. I haven't been able to hit 33 mph with it so it just feels slow to me.

Phantom 4 Pro and you'll love the Sport Mode! Check into amazon I got mine at Best Buy for $200 cheaper cause they do price match with Amazon.

Reactions: ChipperRay

LOL Sorry. I mean't does not effect your bird.

LOL Sorry. I mean't does not effect your bird.
Lol no worries! I'm sitting on the couch watching reviews right now while the daughter is napping. Once she wakes up it's time to head to Best Buy and make up my mind.

I'm still torn because I like the controller on the XSP and I like the removable gimble/camera. I'm not really worried about obstacle avoidance but I guess it's nice.

Random story but I was flying at sunset beach last night and while I was coming in to land a dude to the right of me ran his phantom into a tree and had to pull it out! It seemed like it got stuck in full throttle or something because he had trouble turning it off. It made me worry a bit but I think that's usually user error and not the drones fault.

Reactions: KKD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.