Almost lost my P4...not how you think!

Thats the 5.2 multistar (5200 mah) it took a minute to get to figure out how to use it on the P4, but it worked all right on that flight. You can't charge it to the full 4.35. It only gives me a couple more minutes then my Maxamp 2000 MAH

Reactions: phxbird57
I'm amazed that you are allowed to do night flying.

Here in Australia we are not allowed by CASA Rules for Drones to do any night flying at all. If I am wrong I would be glad to be corrected.

Which only serves to demonstrate the inexplicably bizarre nature of "rules" concocted by retards. When is it easiest to see a Phantom? Day or night? In which condition can it be seen at a greater distance? Can one more easily tell a Phantom's heading in daylight or dark? When are you least likely to spot a Phantom?

Here in Australia we are not allowed by CASA Rules for Drones to do any night flying at all. If I am wrong I would be glad to be corrected.

I dont really care whats allowed or what is not!! If some one comes up to me while I'm flying and tries to tell me whats allowed and whats not, they better be a sheriff or accompanied by one! Or else they WILL find out what "dirtybum" REALLY means! Especially if my birds miles from home[emoji41]

I dont really care whats allowed or what is not!! If some one comes up to me while I'm flying and tries to tell me whats allowed and whats not, they better be a sheriff or accompanied by one! Or else they WILL find out what "dirtybum" REALLY means! Especially if my birds miles from home[emoji41]
Sir what's you doing is that drone can I fly it. Your making my daughter nerve , she thinks your going to cut off her head. ( Happen to me).

I probably do got a chip on my shoulder and because I fly in my own home territory usually within 2 miles from my house which is rural. Most people that pass by me wave, some of them I know, some of them I don't know but I've probably seen their vehicle before[emoji41]

No thats my junk in front of my yard and thats the lady who ALMOST scored a remote-less P4
emoji41.png

Just realized that was the last image when ya turned off the aircraft! That's scary close man. Surprised they didn't see that flashing beacon and run to it as a prize of the night. And your description was perfect ... We get a good amount of that here in Oregon, but they are on a weekly basis hunting for soda cans in the recyclables.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
Just realized that was the last image when ya turned off the aircraft! That's scary close man. Surprised they didn't see that flashing beacon and run to it as a prize of the night. And your description was perfect ... We get a good amount of that here in Oregon, but they are on a weekly basis hunting for soda cans in the recyclables.
Dig nice flight the other day.

Reactions: Digdat0
Dig nice flight the other day.
Thanks man, was nice to get back out. I had a motor lock up which resulted in an esc error. Replaced the motor, fixed the error and that was my second real flight after. The new motor performed quite well :)

Reactions: phxbird57
Yeah Digs the new up-and-comer! Big things and a few heartbreaks in his future now that he got a taste[emoji41]

Hahah, let's hope not too many more heartbreaks. I'm three crashes in and the same in emergency landings. I prefer the emergency landings .. The crashes are costly. I've invested in a backup p3p with a 2.7k cam to go with it, so I can keep flying fr a while. It's just so much fun. And I like it's different setup .. Windsurfer and wooden props to go with the external battery. Maybe need a trackimo or flytrex just in case.

Hahah, let's hope not too many more heartbreaks. I'm three crashes in and the same in emergency landings. I prefer the emergency landings .. The crashes are costly. I've invested in a backup p3p with a 2.7k cam to go with it, so I can keep flying fr a while. It's just so much fun. And I like it's different setup .. Windsurfer and wooden props to go with the external battery. Maybe need a trackimo or flytrex just in case.
Dig I seen you had wood props . any reason go with wood over stock or carbon fiber.

Dig I seen you had wood props . any reason go with wood over stock or carbon fiber.
No particular reason. Honestly I had fifty bucks Amazon credit and was like why not. Most of my plastic stock props are kinda chewed up, so the wooden Xoar blades are actually my best ones. I notice that with externals, the stock props flex a bit. With these they don't, and I think it's a sturdier flight. It's definitely more quiet. Need to do some testing to see if they actually help or not on distance or battery usage.

Sorry to hijack your thread db

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20